TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
I bought a set of SS headers many years ago. They're basically JBA replicas if I remember correctly. The welding wasn't anywhere near as good as the Kooks headers I changed over to. I remember them leaking and being able to smell exhaust inside the car when I would sit and idle.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
i had the same headers yes they will fit your car and yes they will most likely crack

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
those look like SSAC (ss autochrome) ebay specials

·
Registered
433 Posts
Is it the welds that crack on these? Because if it is I've just thought about buying a set, and just grinding out the sh!t and re-welding them.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Are all shorty headers poor flowing? Are there any good shorty header options out there. It just seems like the manifolds are the best thing until you get kooks.

·
6,253 Posts
the options we had before kooks were "JBA shorties" or extrude honed manifolds

i dont quite remember if JBAs were a whole lot better than stock, other than not having the pinch bend on one side

the shorties went away, now we have Kooks mid length, or call tbirdbrain up and he can port the crap out of a set of manifolds..

·
6,253 Posts
it has actually been so long since someone asked about JBghAy headers, I dont remember

**sales pitch**

but i have a really hogged out super nice set of Braincoated ported manifolds for sale. same style that is being used on Robert Ps 11sec svo bird

·
6,253 Posts
car specific.. buy a set and try it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts