TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will be posting up track results of how everyone fared sometime either today or tonite.

A great list of quick cars on hand this weekend but weather and track conditions will dictate of course what ET's look like. We have a couple Shelby Mustangs in our midst as well as some brand X cars.

We'll keep this on the MN12/FN10 side of the house.

Looking forward to some excellent grudge racing.

More to be posted later.

·
Super Moderator
12,416 Posts
All right you guys. Put the beer down and post some times and details about today. :tongue:

·
Registered
652 Posts
Well, i can tell you one thing Ron, it was a hot day. For some it was short day at the track.

For me, I had some issues myself with the nitrous system. I kept blowing the vac line to the FPR and the box was giving me issues as well. Who knows when i lost some fuel pressure.

only muster up a 13.23 @102 on the motor and 12.5 @ 104

·
Super Moderator
12,416 Posts
Well, i can tell you one thing Ron, it was a hot day. For some it was short day at the track.

For me, I had some issues myself with the nitrous system. I kept blowing the vac line to the FPR and the box was giving me issues as well. Who knows when i lost some fuel pressure.

Thanks for the update.

Sorry to hear that you ran into troubles.

You'll get it all worked out and we'll throw down in November and/or early December. I'm really looking forward to lining up with you.

·
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fun time at T & T

I think everyone had a fun time at the track rental test and tune today. It was about 70 degrees when I left the house this morning at 6:35 AM and humidity was high as well. It was like that all day and we had scattered showers through out the area though not at the track.

We'll try to get an updated list together to post up for those first time running here and those with new bests. There were a couple.

As for me I ran on the 28 X 10.50s all day and best pass on the motor was a 13.5 @ 100. Considering conditions, set up and some traction issues it did well. I made several passes early. The nitrous was another story. Never made a full pass on it. Best was 12.90 @ 85 MPH on an aborted pass and either the ring lands went south or I lost the rings. Don't know exactly what happened yet. I drove the car back up on the trailer and that was it for the day for me. So my numbers stay in tact for another year!!!!

There were some new firsts for the ladies too! I'm hoping they all will chime in here!

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
These guys wore me out today. Everytime I thought I could sit down for a moment, Someone was burning some rubber and staging, so I had to stand and throw the camera back up. It was a madhouse!:D. Give these guys a couple of uninterupted hours at the track and they go nuts :D

·
Registered
629 Posts
I only mustered an 11.41 at 121. Poohie traction all day. Think it may be time for some new Hoosiers. Nickleman was hookin up great.

·
Super Moderator
12,416 Posts

I think everyone had a fun time at the track rental test and tune today. It was about 70 degrees when I left the house this morning at 6:35 AM and humidity was high as well. It was like that all day and we had scattered showers through out the area though not at the track.

We'll try to get an updated list together to post up for those first time running here and those with new bests. There were a couple.

As for me I ran on the 28 X 10.50s all day and best pass on the motor was a 13.5 @ 100. Considering conditions, set up and some traction issues it did well. I made several passes early. The nitrous was another story. Never made a full pass on it. Best was 12.90 @ 85 MPH on an aborted pass and either the ring lands went south or I lost the rings. Don't know exactly what happened yet. I drove the car back up on the trailer and that was it for the day for me. So my numbers stay in tact for another year!!!!

There were some new firsts for the ladies too! I'm hoping they all will chime in here!
So, let me guess ... the only SVO to show up whooped up on both the Nitrous "rockets" who were talkin' about how they'd walk all over the SVO's :tongue: :rofl:

I can't wait to hear how KevinM did ...

Before I even hear how he did ... I want to wish him a big fat CONGRATULATIONS for representin' the SVO's! :zbeer:

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,803 Posts
So, let me guess ... the only SVO to show up whooped up on both the Nitrous "rockets" who were talkin' about how they'd walk all over the SVO's :tongue: :rofl:

Before I even hear how he did ... I want to wish him a big fat CONGRATULATIONS for representin' the SVO's! :zbeer:
X2 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
652 Posts

OH geez,

Kevin was running at best of 12.40s/12.50s. I think he ran about 17 times on saturday....LOL

As far as whooping on some ass......better have your ducks in a row come November...I think ill start the smack talk thread sooner or later. I also believe a few other MA mn12s plan to be there in November as well.

Even with my issues, still pulled a 12.5.

I think we should get together before November....

·
Super Moderator
12,416 Posts
That's great to hear that Kevin was hangin' with you. 12.4 / 12.5 would be a new personal best at Summer Blast for him.

I look forward to it. It would be great if many of the MAMN12 crew could join us at Rockingham or Fayetteville this fall for a follow up shootout in better air and, more than likely, much better track prep conditions than what you had at Mason Dixon.

·
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

He did a fine job with the SVO and it ran great. No question about it. Had I HAD a FULL pass on mine it wouldn't even have mattered LOL!!!!!

Here's some comparison numbers to chew on.

Kevin 60ft 1.81 1/8th 8.019 1/4 12.50 MPH 110.06
Justin 60ft 1.70 1/8th 7.92 1/4 12.53 MPH 104.47
Mine 60ft 1.94 1/8th 7.86 1/4 12.90 MPH 85.16 aborted run/breakage

·
Registered
366 Posts
My best of the day was an 11.43 @ 116 with a 1.57 60', not bad for Mason Dixon. As Chris mentioned I was getting good traction, my car seems to have no problem hooking up where ever it goes........:D

Chris and I had a bad azz race heads up but as usual he beat me..........I had him beat 9/10th's of the track then he blew by me right at the end, and I mean blew by me.......he trapped 6 mph faster.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Well Kevin's car isant tuned at all, just running Darren's old tune, the smack talk thread! I'm gonna sit that out cause I know what's coming and others haven't a clue, time will tell

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
As I've read this again, ill say this I've got few tweaks I'm gonna do on the monkeys tune, look for sub 11.7, just some break thru I found in the tune, so good luck all, u better bring better than 104 mph or I'll bust the wife's SHO out lol, should be fun come November at fayettville, monkey u better start us a thread for the track

·
Registered
379 Posts
I cant wait. Thats the only good thing about me not getting that job.

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
I think I'll make a trip down in November if the air is cool enough.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
So, my first run of the day, since I wasn't quite sure where the finish line was 'cause it's been 5+ years since I've done this.

R/T .656
60' 2.043
330' 5.584
1/8 8.491
mph 84.32
1000' 11.021
1/4 13.350
mph 89.52
:eek:

Second run was my best R/T of the day at .364 finished at [email protected]

Third run was my best of the day even if I rolled past the second light and they started the tree as soon as I rolled back without giving me any time to shift back to drive...
R/T .938
60' 2.019
330' 5.538
1/8 8.433
mph 84.89
1000' 10.964
1/4 13.110
mph 105.01

I'll need to get up with Dan to turn my shift pressure up at least at WOT since he took his transmission stuff completely out of the tune during the last tune, so it was all Robert's mechanical work on the tranny.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts