TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to my local muffler shop and they said they cant do ture dual because there isnt enough room. i actually already have duals because i cut everything off from the 3rd cat back. now i just wanna put either 2 single chambers or one good DI/DO and run the pipes out behind the doors. but they say thats impossible also.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would but i dont have a printer, its so frustrating, i know it can be done but i think there just to damn lazy.

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
Save some of the online images, then print pictures of them via walmart or walgreens online. Stop by the store to pic up the pictures, then go shove their noses in them. I have had both 2 3" pipes and a single 3.5" pipe on my car at different times.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Heh,Maybe they can explain my 2.5 True dual with an X pipe then.

Is this a Muffler shop chain like Monro or somthing?Probley don't have the expierance for such an exhaust system.I say find another shop after you get some pics printed.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I have been to six different muffler shops they all say its impossable then i pull some pics out and they just look at it confused and decided its going to cost an arm and a leag to do because there just to lazy.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I have been to six different muffler shops they all say its impossable then i pull some pics out and they just look at it confused and decided its going to cost an arm and a leag to do because there just to lazy.

Or they just don't have the expierance to do it.

·
Registered
472 Posts
If they say it can't be done you don't want them doing it anyway.

I would be shocked to think that a city the size of Cincinnati doesn't have a few shops who are competent enough to be capable of this work.

It's not rocket science.

·
Registered
12 Posts
at least they didn't tell you that it's aginst Federal law for them to work on your car without the cats in place in their stock locations, unless they are installing new cats.

·
Super Moderator
12,660 Posts
If they say it can't be done you don't want them doing it anyway.
+2

Oh yea, Keep looking. Somebody out there will be up to the task and not try to rip you off in the process.

·
Registered
24 Posts
They are full of it. Once I had a shop tell me they couldn't switch out my mufflers on my Grand Prix because the exhaust tips were aluminum. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Shop I went to did this in about an hour or so......(Only paid $225 for piping and install too)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Shop I went to did this in about an hour or so......(Only paid $225 for piping and install too)

Nice work!

I would have had them put a couple of flanges in though.
Makes it nice not to have to remove the whole unit to work on the car.
I have the same problem. :D

·
Registered
740 Posts
Thanks! The exhaust guy wasn't sure if it would work at first, but after I fully explained what I wanted he said......."Ohhhhh, NOW I see...." lol His work was top notch, and I'm loving the sound of my SLP Loudmouths....(My wife can't stand it....lol)

·
Registered
33 Posts
@Blade Runner: Question: It's not better to do the mufflers after the X-Pipe? I think the balancing pipe must be the first before all an as closest to the headers.

Cheers
Elvis

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
Thanks! The exhaust guy wasn't sure if it would work at first, but after I fully explained what I wanted he said......."Ohhhhh, NOW I see...." lol His work was top notch, and I'm loving the sound of my SLP Loudmouths....(My wife can't stand it....lol)
lemme guess: affordable muffler did that.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts