TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Half a grand a year. That's one expensive forum to join.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Well I didn't say it wasn't valuable to those who subscribe to it. Nevertheless half a grand is half a grand. That's alot of dough they're getting for a years membership to a forum. I didn't say or mean to imply that it wasn’t justifiable.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
and people b!tch about $40

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts

·
8,239 Posts
I'd say its a downright bargain for a tuner charging every person that comes in the door several hundred dollars.

Its also a fair price for someone who wants to tune their own car, and already has hardware to do so.

Good luck with it Kris.

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
Tana actually owns that forum,KD is the gatekeeper(idiot filter),and Jerry is just the tech advisor.If you guys knew what kind of info he's discussing in there,then you'd understand that $500 is a fair price for a tuner to pay for that kind of one-on-one support. SCT sure as hell isn't giving their dealers any kind of support like that.
JL

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I understand exactly what kind of info is being discussed there and what it's value is to the professionals who use it. I also understand the value of $500.

I also understand that a new 2007 C6 Corvette is a bargain to those who can afford to buy one. It's still a $45,000~70,000 dollar car and that makes it one pricey freakin Chevrolet regardless of it's perceived value to those who own or desire one. lol

It just happened to be the most expensive online forum membership I've come across yet. I'm sure there's more expensive ones still.

I don't recall saying it wasn't a fair price. :confused: but whatever, that's cool.

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
I dunno. There is a load of tuning information on the internet and $500 is a boat load of cash. The old ECC Tuner, Tweecer and etc forums bailed me out years ago when I had to tune my own car. :eek:

What information could the average guy get there that is not already searchable on the net? :confused:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Johnny Langton said:
Tana actually owns that forum,KD is the gatekeeper(idiot filter),and Jerry is just the tech advisor.If you guys knew what kind of info he's discussing in there,then you'd understand that $500 is a fair price for a tuner to pay for that kind of one-on-one support. SCT sure as hell isn't giving their dealers any kind of support like that.
JL
I have the racers tunning package, do you think if I joined I could get one on one help on tuning tips and really learn how to use the software?

·
3,232 Posts
J.Miller said:
I dunno. There is a load of tuning information on the internet and $500 is a boat load of cash. The old ECC Tuner, Tweecer and etc forums bailed me out years ago when I had to tune my own car. :eek:

What information could the average guy get there that is not already searchable on the net? :confused:
$500/365 days=$1.37 day.
I know everybody on this forum right here spends at least that on a bottle of water or a soda every day.
What you'll find are detailed explanations of every parameter that's in the EEC(up to and including the '08 models),how those parameters change the tuning,and what other parameters are affected when changes are made.
It's much more technical that the other "support" forums that are out there.
If you don't wanna spend the money-that's fine,you don't have to.
JL

·
3,232 Posts
awdRocks said:
I have the racers tunning package, do you think if I joined I could get one on one help on tuning tips and really learn how to use the software?
I'd say you could gain from it-that choice is yours to make.
JL

·
Registered
704 Posts
Eyeballing my Piggy Bank with Mischevious intentions...

Thanks for the Info Johnny, it's priceless per usual!!!!

·
Registered
704 Posts
awdRocks said:
Considering the "learning curve on PRP is nearly VERTICAL"...
I would say 1.37 a day is a deal!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
XLRVIII said:
Considering the "learning curve on PRP is nearly VERTICAL"...
I would say 1.37 a day is a deal!
Yeah I have already registered over there....

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
J.Miller said:

Oh you have got to be kidding me. Good luck with that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts