TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I came here doing research on the J-mod, with plans to eventually upgrade my transmission. I had the article bookmarked last week with plans to read it in the near term. When I brought it up yesterday, it was gone. Can anyone enlighten me as to what happened, and where I can find a copy of this information so I can review it? I'm interested in doing a full upgrade of the 4R75W transmission in my car when it comes time to do a rebuild.

Thank you, and keep on being awesome.

-NK

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind. I see someone put them back up in the form of images; I do have a question though. Are there any trusted vendors that produce upgrade kits for the 4R75W that I can look at, that meet the specifications according to these articles? (Like maybe Jerry's own shop, if it exists, or one that he has worked closely with?)

If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be great.

·
Super Moderator
9,179 Posts
Darrin at BCA is always a reliable source.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Darrin at BCA is always a reliable source.

I've been trying to e-mail them at BCA (I used their online contact form), and have received zero replies. I don't do phone calls owing to my hearing impairment. I've pretty much given up on actually buying from them at this point because of their non-response. :\

If you want to put a bug in their ear for me, you're welcome to.

·
Super Moderator
9,179 Posts
Hmmm, not sure then. I know the transmission business is Darrin's side-job, so my guess is he's swamped with his full time profession. It did take me a little while to get the 4R70W build from him set up a couple years ago...

I know there are some other sources out there for these, I just don't know off the top of my head. I'm sure someone else will chime in with a recommendation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm, not sure then. I know the transmission business is Darrin's side-job, so my guess is he's swamped with his full time profession. It did take me a little while to get the 4R70W build from them arranged and sorted out a couple years ago...

I know there are some other sources out there for these, I just don't know off the top of my head. I'm sure someone else will chime in with a recommendation.
I doubt it's just "being swamped". I sent him a message early this year, and then again after the Summer. Personally, I liked the BCA website and the options it offered, but without getting direct contact, it's not necessarily worth the financial risk.

When dealing with critical functions, I always contact the vendor. But this doesn't seem likely for the time being.

If anyone else has recommendations, I would be open to them as well.

·
Super Moderator
11,918 Posts
Call Robert P. at 704.947.7044 to discuss options.

Tell him Trunk Money sent ya. He'll know who I am.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Call Robert P. at 704.947.7044 to discuss options.

Tell him Trunk Money sent ya. He'll know who I am.
Can't really do telephone calls. If I use Sprint IP Relay, it often results in a hang-up by the recipient, and in cases where they don't hang up, it often results in misunderstandings or miscommunications.

E-mail really is the only reliable method that avoids confusion for me. Or text messaging.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
There is a fellow on crownvic.net that sells them. Don't recall his username, but if you ask on there you can find him. He has the super tuff plates.

Al

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got a response from Darrin, but he seems slow on maintaining consistent response times. So I'm gonna be patient. Main issue is that I need to figure out which is gonna be the cheaper option:
  1. Do a full transmission rebuild and upgrade (Jmod & better internals) -- Labor will be the biggest sticking point since the shop would have to take the trans out, and do the work.
  2. Buy a whole transmission from BCA with the appropriate mods and upgrades and drop that big boy straight in. Cuts down on the labor significantly, and the old transmission can be sent back as a core.
What do y'all think? I plan to visit the transmission shop my club recommended up in Marysville, WA to discuss quotes.

·
Super Moderator
11,918 Posts
Do the direct swap and send yours back as a core ... provided it's a reputable shop and you can be assured you're getting what you're paying for. Same goes for a rebuild.

It's a damn shame it's so hard to trust anyone anymore.

·
Super Moderator
9,179 Posts
I bought a completely built, ready to install transmission from him, then went to pick it up and installed it myself. It was under $1400 with all the best upgrades for my power level (which in his own words, "that's easy") but it was a 4R70W build, not a 4R75W build so I'm sure you'll be in a slightly different boat. In any case, it's good to hear he got back to you.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
I'm sorry if I haven't responded to emails in a timely fashion. Email is literally the worst way to get ahold of me unfortunately. Particularly in this instance. The best way would be to use the phone number on the website and text me through that. I would post that here, but the same bots that send out a gazillion emails would grab it, start texting me too and mess that up.

What happens on my website is they will sign up for an account without buying anything. They can't do like they are with some others because of how my site works and how it's set up, so they can't get anywhere with it. But, still, this will generate an email to me and to the person that they used their email address. So I get an email letting me know that an account was set up and then often an email from the owner of the email address used to sign up asking what the heck. I don't reply to any of them. I just delete the emails and fake accounts daily. It's slowed down to a trickle of just a few per day within the last weeks, but initially there were hundreds in a day and it's been going on for a while now..

Right now we've just started dealing with a similar game to what I've been battling on our blacksmithing association website, where with the email addresses they also got phone numbers and started texting officers of the association asking for gift cards.

My server is secure as they can be and they have reassured me that there's no way these spammers can do anything other than waste my time. I truly don't understand what they get out of it, but there's some profit somehow because it's happening all over the place.

So please, I hope you forgive me for not being responsive via email.

Thanks much!
D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm sorry if I haven't responded to emails in a timely fashion. Email is literally the worst way to get ahold of me unfortunately. Particularly in this instance. The best way would be to use the phone number on the website and text me through that. I would post that here, but the same bots that send out a gazillion emails would grab it, start texting me too and mess that up.

What happens on my website is they will sign up for an account without buying anything. They can't do like they are with some others because of how my site works and how it's set up, so they can't get anywhere with it. But, still, this will generate an email to me and to the person that they used their email address. So I get an email letting me know that an account was set up and then often an email from the owner of the email address used to sign up asking what the heck. I don't reply to any of them. I just delete the emails and fake accounts daily. It's slowed down to a trickle of just a few per day within the last weeks, but initially there were hundreds in a day and it's been going on for a while now..

Right now we've just started dealing with a similar game to what I've been battling on our blacksmithing association website, where with the email addresses they also got phone numbers and started texting officers of the association asking for gift cards.

My server is secure as they can be and they have reassured me that there's no way these spammers can do anything other than waste my time. I truly don't understand what they get out of it, but there's some profit somehow because it's happening all over the place.

So please, I hope you forgive me for not being responsive via email.

Thanks much!
D

I see, Darrin. Well, since forums are more legitimate than email for you, maybe you could give me an idea of what kind of 4R75W build would be suitable for my CVPI. It's a 2010 Interceptor with a "slightly" less used engine than the chassis due to a swap the previous owner did, and a new rear end due to the original factory rear end blowing a bearing on me.

I'm looking to get something that can handle the rigors of daily driving and autocrossing, including a Jmod (I'm thinking medium firm shift). What component options would you recommend, and how much would it come out to? (In either rebuild kit form or fully built from your shop, both prices please)

That's pretty much all I need to know for the time being as I have other priorities for the next year (such as body restoration) -- I know I plan on buying the necessary transmission in the next two years, depending on circumstances. Thanks for finding me on the forum! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts