TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, been a while since i took the thing apart, its a 97 Mk8 trans and i have a brownish spring and a blue one, the Jmob articles are telling me to put the blue one in "on top", is that top, as in the top of the trans, like the spring will go in first, then the accum, then the cap without the brownish spring?

been looking around at the web and found a few pictures from trucks and stuff, thats what looks right to me,(some ofthe springs in those are all brown... or yellow : / and it seems their is 3 springs on some of these, cant for the life of me remember if their was 3 or just the two in this one...) i have it in blue spring first, but my dad is questioning me, and its making me worry, want it in their right before i get it all back together and fill it then have to take the pan back off to fix it...

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,572 Posts
Yep, you got it. You have the option to omit the lower (purple) spring which will make the 1-2 shift much firmer. I prefer it with the spring in however.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i figured, thanks :) im gonna try it without the lower spring, see what happens, if i like it, ill keep it. if not ill keep it till the next fluid change in 15k or so and put it back in.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got her all put back together, 11q of mercV and drives great, tried manual 1-2 and 2-3 and their nice, right where i'm comfortable. gonna wait a few days of regular driving, break everything in befor i try WOT though :) just in case. otherwise, anouther pleased Jmod customer :D

ill add the 12q if i need it, seemed to be on the mark after driving it around a few miles. ill keep checking for a week or so :p

·
Super Moderator
12,662 Posts
I just did a Jmod on a Mark VIII, we put 10 quarts back into it and that was plenty. Don't over fill it.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah im gonna watch it, if i dont need it, i dont need it. keep it up on the shelf, it can be an air freshener XD .... man that stuff smells awful!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts