TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Modding 01 stang 4R, stock engine, 3.27, 3500 stall.

Looked over the jmod files MANY time before but need some input from those who maybe have experimented more.

I heard from members that the elimination of the accumulator springs makes for some pretty tough shifts - almost too hard.

What will I get if I combine the 300+ shift settings with all the springs installed still. I assume I am asking for broken springs right?

Will eliminating the springs with the first stage drill pallet net me and INBETWEEN setting or will it inadaquatly bump it up to 300+.

·
Registered
536 Posts
SilverFox said:
Modding 01 stang 4R, stock engine, 3.27, 3500 stall.

Looked over the jmod files MANY time before but need some input from those who maybe have experimented more.

I heard from members that the elimination of the accumulator springs makes for some pretty tough shifts - almost too hard.

What will I get if I combine the 300+ shift settings with all the springs installed still. I assume I am asking for broken springs right?

Will eliminating the springs with the first stage drill pallet net me and INBETWEEN setting or will it inadaquatly bump it up to 300+.
I used what is closest to the middle configuration, which is 300 to 350 HP I believe. I used all the springs. This is with a near stock NPI engine in my 96 TBird. The big factor here is I can change all the trans calibrations. I spent considerable time dialing in the shift quality in my application. With this configuration and with tuning, I can get the trans to shift softly or very FIRM. Whatever changes you make to the trans, this will only be part of the equation. You will have to do the rest with tuning.

Mitch

1 - 3 of 3 Posts