TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys...I posted this over in the local forum, but decided to place it here as well, cause that one is pretty dead....Just picked up another Mark VIII and looking to do a JMOD on it (it's a '95)....does anyone know of a good place to get it done at here in the Orlando area? Don't just want to take it to an AAMCO or something; Can any local member on here do it for a fee? I don't have the time or tools to do this myself; plus with getting my son on weekends, time availability is rare as well, since he's only 3.

Please let me know,
thanks,
JC

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Is your 95 Tranny original by chance? ... there are a FEW of those left... If so & you were doing it yourself you MIGHT could make a case to do a JMOD on it - If it's original & you are thinking about paying someone to do it that's a TOTAL waste - An original 95 Tranny in a MK will blow ANY day ... & when it does the 95 core & it;s poor hard parts aint worth rebuilding - You'd be better served to stage up the soon needed replacement 99 Tranny & new TC & new Cooler ... if you love the things like me stage the better driveshaft too.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm fairly certain it's the original motor and tranny (150k)...so don't waste my time then? Should I just wait if/when it goes, replace the whole thing at that time, and do it right?

JC

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
I'm fairly certain it's the original motor and tranny (150k)...so don't waste my time then? Should I just wait if/when it goes, replace the whole thing at that time, and do it right?

JC
Again I say yes if original... Mind you it would be kinda rare for a 95 MK 4R70W to make it to 150K so maybe the Tranny has been ran thru already to some extent __?? - If it really has'nt been touched it will check out any day now IMO - Even if a little Blue Haired Lady fm Florida putts down I-95 she's still in the Florida heat ~!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the heads up....I'll hold off....if/once it blows, I might as well go all out with it and get a higher stall put on too, plus a cooler.

Thanks man!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts