TCCoA Forums banner

Jmod price, really cheap?

2K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  chilipepprflea 
#1 ·
I was only charged 75 bucks plus 15 shipping.. Is this right? I called max for everything he said its all there. But newho I am happy it was so cheap!

#3 ·
It cost me $120 with a $45 cooler (autozone), $45 of fluid from Ford. The most expensive thing was the Motorcraft Mercon V for me. I was stupid and bought the parts without my discount though.
-Rob

#7 ·
there isnt a package, but a list of parts that are in the trans tech articles, also get a deep sump pan and 13 quarts of Mercon V when you put in the trans cooler.

Basically its:

seperator plate gaskets(upper and lower)
1-2 acum piston and 1-2 top spring
2-3 accum piston
deep sump pan and filter
Mercon V
trans cooler assuming you have all the tools.

joseph

#10 ·
I'm running a small cooler though so I guess I need less fluid. I wish I would've went with an RV one :mad: I'm thinking I'll just get a deep sump pan when it's attached to my junkyard tranny im getting sometime soon.
-Rob

#11 ·
got my jmod parts for $55. cooler was $45 and the mercon v was $35. not bad for such a great mod.

Frank

#14 ·
i got my stuff from www.fordparts.com . its a ford dealer out in washington. they have great prices and you can order online so you dont have to even call anyone.

#16 ·
scottkornhaus said:
fdawg97lx: I went to www.fordparts.com and I couldn't find the J-Mod listed anywhere. Do you have the part number or reference number so I can just type that in? I think I might end up just calling them, and asking what their price would be. I called Max yesterday, but he hasn't returned my call yet. I am still awaiting his response.

Thanks!

Scott Kornhaus
you wont find the jmod listed anywhere. the jmod isnt something that actually exists, technically. nobody knows about it except us on tccoa and a few others. try telling people at your local car scene that you did the jmod and they look at you funny. same thing with the ford dealer, if you go there and tell them you need the parts for the jmod they will think your crazy. Only reason max and dan know about it is becuase of tccoa probalby. its basically a shift kit but using all ford original parts. it was also designed by one of the engineers who designed our transmission so its supposed to be alot better than one of the generic b&m or trans go kits. since you have a 97 you can use my parts list to get everything you need. i didnt update the overdrive servo or the reverse servo cuz people on here told me they dont need to be updated and they are easy to mess up. Here are the parts you need to order:

F2VY-7A191-A GASKET-TRANS OIL PAN
PM-4 SOLV-BRAKE PRT CLNR
F7AZ-7F251-AA PISTON ASSEMBLY-TRANS 1-2
F75Z-7F284-AA SPRING-TRANS 1-2 SHI
F7AZ-7H292-AB TRANS- 2-3 ACUM PST
F6AZ-7A098-A FILTER & SEAL ASSEMBLY-TR
1L3Z-7C155-AA GASKET-TRANS CONTR V
XW7Z-7D100-AA GASKET-TRANS VLV BOD
F4AZ-7F247-A COVER & SEAL ASSEMBLY-TRA

the pan gasket and 1-2 accumulator cover are not neccessary but people recommended getting them incase the original ones are damaged. i didnt end up using the new ones but its cheap insurance in case yours are bad. these are the two parts i'm talking about,

F2VY-7A191-A GASKET-TRANS OIL PAN
F4AZ-7F247-A COVER & SEAL ASSEMBLY-TRA

hope this helps u out.

Frank

#17 ·
Now, does it matter if I have a V6? I noticed that you have a V8. Would the part numbers be identical?

Also, what type of improvement would I be looking at here? Would I be looking at HP gain, or just acceleration gain. I don't want to lose any top speed. So if this will decrease my top speed, I will forget about it. Unless, it is only a couple MPH's difference.

Thanks!

Scott Kornhaus

#18 ·
this will not change top speed or hp at all. it will firm up your shifts and change the shift points. it will also prolong the life of your transmission. at the track you will see about a .1-.2 drop in your e.t. it doesnt matter that you have a v6, parts are still the same.

Frank

#19 ·
All,

Well, I bought the J-Mod parts from Max @ Five Star. He is a really great guy, and he knows what he is talking about. I got a price, including shipping, of (around) $56.00. I have a trusted mechanic that will be installing it for me. He is going to charge me $150.00. I didn't think that was too bad.

When I get the J-mod completely installed, I will post what I think about it.

Thanks!

Scott Kornhaus

#20 ·
Yikes 150.00 heck Ill do it for you for 150.00, see if you can find someone around you that has done it. I know that there are a few guys around there in GA. Too me that just seems a little much to drill some holes and torque every thing down correctly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.