·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
Looks like the same thing to me.

·
Super Moderator
12,551 Posts
Yes, that is the same thing as a J-mod.

Talk to RobertP or Alan (Dirtydog) either one of them can get you a J-mod.

Hell, you can walk to Alan's from where you live and he can hook you up with a J-mod.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can walk to SCP too haha... But where does Alan live... like what city and do you think he would help me do it for some $$$... I've done a good bit of work on cars but never anything like this. it looks simple enough I just always second guess myself.

·
Super Moderator
12,551 Posts
Alan's at:

4594 State Route 276
Batavia, OH 45103-2107

Yes, he could help you get this done for some $$$. Call him, PM him, email him or just wait for him to reply here.

Edit: LOL I knew it wouldn't take you long to reply Alan. :D

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could you PM me with a couple prices... One for the JMOD seperator plate/springs/etc, one for a trans cooler, and a price for install... I'll help you do it lol. I like to learn things.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Could you PM me with a couple prices... One for the JMOD seperator plate/springs/etc, one for a trans cooler, and a price for install... I'll help you do it lol. I like to learn things.
I charge extra per hr when a customer chooses to help. I don't mind when they watch though.

·
Registered
112 Posts
guys, this website says:
Note: We do not recommend using this kit to modify 1993-1995 model year transmissions as there are just too many things about the early models that require more extensive. We recommend you use a SCP 4R70W Valve Body Main Control kit to update your transmission to the newer Main Control for the older models.
whats the deal with jmod in pre 96 transmissions?

·
Super Moderator
12,551 Posts
You can always just upgrade (replace) the valve body with a newer design. I think that's what they're suggesting. There's really no need to replace the entire transmission unless it's starting to show signs of failure.

I ran a 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII valve body in my 1995 transmission for a few years before upgrading the transmission. I kept the valve body because I liked the way it shifted.

Like Matt said, the early (94-95) valve bodies are junk.

New valve body + Jmod drilled separator plate = :D

·
Super Moderator
12,551 Posts
well, can i take out mine, and put 98+ without any combinations?
You mean complications?

Yea, depending on year, you may need to swap one of the sensors. I just did a 2003 Mustang GT valve body swap into a 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII last summer.

It's easy.

·
Super Moderator
12,551 Posts
No, it's not the MLPS. It's one of the sensors that sits on the valve body. RobertP can tell ya. I don't remember the name of it.

I'd say about $150 for a 96+ VB.

So,

$150 VB + $110 to $125 for a Jmod Kit + 10 quarts of Mercon V + Install costs = :D

·
Super Moderator
12,551 Posts
...+oilpan+rebuild costs = :D :D :D with no $$$ for gas ;-)

Thanks for info, btw your "removing air silencer" pros just made my day ;-)
Yea, you'll want to replace the oil pan with the larger capacity one with the dimpled bottom that came on the 96 + cars. It holds an extra quart or so.

Glad you enjoyed my take on removing the air silencer. :zmonkey:

Like I said earlier. Talk to RobertP or Alan about getting what you need and having this installed.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
The 94 95 transmissions are fine if they were serviced, mine got the $h!t ran out of it with the blower sold the trans at 125k and it's still going strong till this day in a daily driven pi headed bird that ran high 13s in the 1/4, the 98 and newer are the good ones in my book I've seen just as many 96-97 failaround here

1 - 20 of 20 Posts