TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been a while since Joel has been in our presence but his Dad Rick has been on a mission to put Joel's T-Bird in the 12's. That had been a goal Joel wanted before he passed.

Sunday, Rick piloted the bird to a first ever 12.75 @ 107.2 then subsequently followed that up with another pass of 12.71 @ 107.77 before eliminating himself from the Cougar/TBird bracket class at this years JBMN SB-10/Mason Dixon ALL Ford event. I don't think anyone could have been happier that day. I know Rick was ecstatic!

I also want to throw a thank you out to all those who just recently got the car tuned and performed some of the other small repairs to the car. It looked and ran great.

I know Rick was very proud to have accomplished the goal and to have done it in the presence of so many MN12 Friends and members at the JBMN SB-10th Anniversary Weekend.

Congrats to Rick and Harriet for attaining the goal Joel had so wanted to achieve.

·
Administrator
8,172 Posts
Great news Steve, thanks for filling us in on this great accomplishment! :)

Joe

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
That's what I wanna here steve, I'm glad I got Rick to upgrade that exhaust, steve I'll be in touch didn't get home from work till 9.30 lol dang trans am, uh long story

Robert

·
̇
3,701 Posts
I may have never known Joel..I do know he was fellow MN12 enthusiast though..

I just wanted to say Congratulations to Rick and Joel! :angel2:

Nice Runs!!!

:thumbsup:

Rayo...

·
Registered
552 Posts
Thanks for letting us know!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Awesome run!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Very nice run indeed! Joel would be very proud of his dad! :D

·
Registered
629 Posts
And in the nasty air too! My car was half second off its time from back in april at Mason Dixon. DA was about 2400 ft.

Congrats Rick and Joel! I'll get a video up of one of the runs.

·
Super Moderator
12,416 Posts
Congrats to Rick and Joel! :thumbsup::zbeer:

I'm so glad to see you reached this important goal.

I also have video of the 12.71 run.

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sweet! I'm sure he is looking down and celebrating that the airbox didn't blow up!
Yes, and thats no longer and issue!

·
Registered
379 Posts
GREAT! Wish I was there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts