TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else ready to see this movie? Walk the Line

I grew up on his music and Nov 18 can't get here soon enough. I'm also a big movie buff. I rent all the new releases every Tuesday. Anywhere from 2-6 movies normally.

Good deal. Buy this Johnny Cash CD, The Legend of Johnny Cash, for $7.99 and get a free t shirt.

If you don't buy it Johnny will get mad and flip you off.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I really want to see that one. It better be good lol.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Warden: "Try to refrain from performing any tunes that remind the inmates they're in prison."

Johnny Cash: "Do you think they forgot?"

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Just got back from seeing it. Good movie, wish theyd shown more of the music, but it was well done for what they wanted to make of it. LOL I love that they showed him busting up the stage lights.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was gonna catch it this weekend but since I'm off all week I decided to wait. I like seeing movies in the middle of the week so I don't have to deal with a packed theater full of idiots talking through the movie and crowds of underage girls outside on their cell phones talking to their underage thug wannabe boyfriends. But that may just be my theater.

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
jda95bird said:
I was gonna catch it this weekend but since I'm off all week I decided to wait. I like seeing movies in the middle of the week so I don't have to deal with a packed theater full of idiots talking through the movie and crowds of underage girls outside on their cell phones talking to their underage thug wannabe boyfriends. But that may just be my theater.
Nope, it isn't. Most of those girls are standing outside because the theater employess probably kicked them out for talking on their cell phones in the movie . . . not like I'd have any first hand experience :D

Plus, I don't think a movie like this would draw that kind of crowd.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was talking about outside the theater. It gets terrible on the weekends.

I just got back from seeing it. It's been raining all night and day so I couldn't do any of the stuff I wanted to do. I thought it was a great movie. I do believe there will be some oscar nominations coming there way.

·
Registered
457 Posts
The actual soundtrack to the movie is iffy. I work at a record store so I got to preview the soundtrack and phoenix sings all the songs himself. It's just not the same. I didn't get a chance to catch the movie yet but Cash was a great performer.

·
Super Moderator
7,530 Posts
I saw it last night. It was pretty good. Joaquin Phoenix was VERY convincing and even though I normally hate her, Reese Witherspoon was pretty good too. Definitely reccomend Johnny Cash fans go see this movie.

Mike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts