TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In one of johnny L thread he mentioned that he might start making frame connectors again. I thought I'd start a thread to get people interested to get johnny making the braces again soon. I know I been wanting some of JL and would buy from JL. Post pic if anyone has johnny braces so those that haven't seen them can see them.
________
hotbox vaporizer

·
Banned
998 Posts
Is this the brace in the trunk behind the rear seat?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes and among other braces he has made. Bracing the brace the sub frames together. He is the only on I know that has made the rear strut tower brace. Would be sweet if and when he makes braces he make the front strut tower braces for tbird/cougar and the mark viii.
________
vapir no2

·
Banned
998 Posts
Oh, I have 3 of the braces now. But would be interested in the sub frame ones. for sure.

Got lucky and found a good used Kenny Brown front strut tower brace.

And I made the other two braces myself.

See my Photobucket.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I have the RSTB on mine...I would love to have the rest of the bracing....

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
I have a rtlb, rstb, custom boxed v-brace, sc L-braces, I wouldn't mind having the subframe X-piece that he used to make. I plan on purchasing lecb and fssb soon. As far as fstb I'll have to make my own because of my engine swap.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
I'd like to add what I did to my brace. This is for those who like to keep it factory looking as possible with the rear shock tower brace(contradiction? maybe), you can wrap it in grey generic trunk carpeting and glue it with contact cement, I already heard comments of "oh that looks stock,like it belongs there". It gives it cushion from things too. I have a fold down seat and wanted this to blend in. It already its going to cut into your trunk space. Might as well make it look like its supposed to be in the interior of a car.

·
Administrator
8,243 Posts
Johnny will do this when Johnny is ready! :)

Joe

·
Registered
513 Posts
I want a rear shock tower brace... and i have money ready... Anyone??????????????????????

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts