TCCoA Forums banner

Johnny Langton 1975 - 2011

29K views 143 replies 115 participants last post by  JLangton2 
#1 · (Edited)
Johnny passed away Wednesday afternoon after being caught up in a multi car accident through no fault of his own.

Johnny was more than just a friend, he was like a brother to me. He was the kind of guy that everybody liked when they met him. He was a hard worker, good husband, and a good father. I will miss our long conversations, usually about some automotive crap that most people wouldn't care about, just like we did 2 days ago. I'd give about anything to have another one of those conversations with him right now.

So long old friend, I'll certainly always remember you.

--EDIT/UPDATE--

Funeral arrangements are as follows...Visitation from 5pm to 8pm Sunday at Stringer Griffin Funeral Home in Woodville. Funeral is at 2pm at First Baptist Church Warren Texas.

#60 ·
We had emailed back and forth about meeting up on January 5 around where he was staying and getting a few guys together for dinner and whatever. This is very sad news, he was truly a great guy and I will miss his presence on the forums.

#8 ·
Sad news :( RIP JL

#12 ·
Any details on what caused the accident?
There are news articles out there if you search Google news for Beaumont wreck. Woman driving erratic in a Cherokee, across the median, airborne head on into the windshield of Johnny's work truck.

#15 ·
Awful news indeed. I never got to talk to him in person, but his craftsmanship of his braces were top notch. RIP.

#16 ·
Johnny was like a friend to me. He was very instramental in helping me with my car. We lost a great man, friend, father and grand father. I will not forget him. RIP JL!

#18 ·
johnny got me into fixing my tbird up and encouraged me to work on mine,he was a few towns over from me and we always talk thru facebook rip johnny

#21 ·
That's horrible news. What a senseless accident. RIP Johnny

#22 ·
Johnny and Dawn were always so helpful and hospitable any time I was passing through the Houston / Beaumont area, and he was always ready to help theorize about cars and making them run faster. Like Danner said, you could talk to him for several hours about cars, politics, guns, or any other random topic that happened to come up, and I will sorely miss not being able to catch up with him every few months now.

RIP, JL.

Pete

#24 ·
As a club, is anybody planning on something for Dawn as a tribute to Johnny? If not, I think we should because JL has done a lot for TCCoA. I will assist in this any way I can...

#26 ·
I can not believe this happened. I spoke to Johnny a couple of days ago and now waking up to this?:( I am so sad and angry at the whole situation. He was a great man, a mentor to many of us. I will miss you Johnny... But one day, we will see each other once more...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.