TCCoA Forums banner
121 - 140 of 144 Posts
There are no words of mine that can help appease such an overwhealming loss. My heart and thoughts are with Johnny's family. He will be sorely missed. I know each of you are mourning independently, but I hope you will also rely on one another to keep his memory alive.

Johnny took us to the next level. Always pushing the T-Bird just that much faster or quicker depending how you want to look at it. Between Kris, Johnny and Mike Siska it was more than just entertainment. I never had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Langton and for that I actually suffer a loss.

My condolences...

A-Train

Before yesterday I hadn't signed in since before this happened. I took some time before work this morning to post the following where no one knew him...

R.I.P. Johnny Langton 1975 - 2011

I just found out this AM and wanted to make a mention...a true pioneer for the MN-12 platform didn't make it to 2012.

Everything I tried on my T'Bird was because this man tried it first and said it worked. He is the one behind the quote in my sig, "No SISSY Power Adders". He used that for years until he finally went boost towards the end. He did more naturally aspirated on this heavy platform than other mn12'ers did with boost...took them quite some time to catch up...He was in the low 12's NA in a fully loaded daily driver car.

I never wanted to know the guy or talk to him, but the details he put into his online posts helped tremendously when choosing mods for the T'Bird which never had good aftermarket support. He PROVED with dyno and flow #s that you can do just as much and more with the Ford Pre-99 nPI 4.6L SOHC engine than you can with the PI.

He made a good name for himself and stood out among all the average wrenchers. He would call out the BS other "experts" would put out there and always helped clear things up for us lesser mortals. Rest in peace, Johnny Langton and thanks for your contribution to this world.

I didn't know the guy at all and that pisses me off how irresponsible some people really are. I pray for God to be with his family and friends. And I really hope that lady gets what she deserves.

I have been offline for a bit but this is the most terrible news I could imagine.

Johnny was a good hearted guy and 7-10 years ago there was some fun racing and fast times for Johnny and the TCCOA at Ennis. He never had a harsh words and had a wonderful energy about him. His wife is a sweet lady too.

So sad I am.

I haven't been around the site in months, and reading this post came as an absolute shock to me. I have never met Johnny in person, but we did our fair share of chatting back and forth. He was always up to some project, be it his guns, or remodeling the house, and he always had tips for me what to do as a new homeowner. If this was how nice he was to me, I could understand why he was so well liked. He didn't even know me. I kept up with him on facebook, and lost track of him for the past months, not knowing what had happened to him.

What happened is truly tragic. My prayers go out to his whole family, and to Kris I know that you guys were very close.

Does anyone from Texas know anything at all about what's being done to the person that caused this?

I've read that possibly it was an accident, although other reports said prescription drugs...

I logged into the forums for the first time in several years... ...mainly due to finding some stuff in my garage I was going to sell that I never installed on my T-Bird. I then start seeing all these posts about Johnny and my stomach just turns.

I owe a lot of what I've learned about the 4.6 and 4R70W from the old Texas crew, especially Johnny. To sum him up as I knew him, I had a several page e-mail where he was taking the time to walk me through a routine tranny cooler install and answering all my silly questions. I am sure the understanding, patient and helpful qualities he always displayed towards me in other e-mails, chats and calls echoed through every other portion of his life.

This is a little late, but I can't think of a better guy that I never got the chance to meet in person.

RIP Johnny.

I feel awful for not visiting this site more often, and just finding out about this now. We lost a great man, who we were lucky enough to learn from. Johnny was super resourceful, when people were throwing tons of cash at cars, he was figuring out how to get the most bang for the buck, and make his bird faster. I remember countless, debates that kept me informed for years on end. A lot of us were able to live vicariously through JL's knowledge and that simple fact that he was a pioneer and tried many things that people many would not think to do.

I am fortunate enough to have JL's intake tube on my car, that was formally on his car, along with his SFC's, FSSB's, and RTLB. Although I never got to meet you Johnny, I thank you for your generosity, guidance and helping fueling my passion for my MN12. If it weren't for people like you, I wouldn't have learned as much as I did about my Cougar and cars in general.

To JL's family, friends, and everyone on here, you are all in my thoughts and prayers.
Much love to all of you.
Jordan

I guess I have just been so occupied with work and my family, I did not find out about this until this morning. I'm in total shock about this. We had planned at one point to try to meet up during one of his family ski trips to Colorado, we never got a chance to connect; I hadn't heard from Johnny in a while and started checking around. Can't believe this. Johnny was always a great enthusiast, really nice guy, and just a good person. Of all the people I just can't believe this happened to him, horrible. My condolences to the family.

Wow, hard to believe it's been a year since Johnny lost life! :(

RIP Johnny, you're in a better place.

Joe

121 - 140 of 144 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.