TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the crash investigation continues and the details are eventually released please keep that discussion to this thread.

While doing some research into the crash I found the following post from one of his co-workers detailing what was going on with the driver that hit him.

This information has not yet been released or confirmed by the authorities but I consider the following a reliable source.

dcfox at Rhino Forum said:
My friend and co-worker Johnny Langton(36),was killed Wednesday afternoon just after 3pm when a female driver under the influence,and texting...while driving erratically and at a high rate of speed...lost control of her Jeep Cherokee.
She flipped the Jeep into oncoming traffic on Eastex freeway,and basically landed on top of Johnny's company truck...killing him instantly.5 vehicles total were involved,but Johnny was the only fatality.

Johnny was the head of our security department,and had worked for us since 1999. He was a great guy and would do just about anything to help anyone.
He was a great husband and father,and will be missed by everyone.
Such a shame for a senseless incident like this to take a good person...while the driver of the Jeep escaped with minor injuries.

Our shop was a very somber place today. It's still hard to imagine that he's gone.
http://www.rhinoforums.net/off-topic/57940-lost-really-good-friend-wednesday.html

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Wow, that's even more sickening. I could have at least understood if she had some kind of stroke, diabetic emergency, vehicle mechanical failure, anything. Nope... just another innocent life claimed by a drunk driver.

Damn shame.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Agreed well that's pretty much murder if she was under the influence

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Under the influence and texting? :rant: Are you frickin kidding me! Stupidity like this just pisses me off to no end.

I hope there's a special place in Hell for people who do any of that and kill someone in the process.
That's about as good as I can say it. I'm just mad as hell and I know I can't post my real thoughts and words here due to the forum rules about appropriate language.

Stupid, stupid, STUPID!!!!!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Under the influence and texting? :rant: Are you frickin kidding me! Stupidity like this just pisses me off to no end.

I hope there's a special place in Hell for people who do any of that and kill someone in the process.
That's about as good as I can say it. I'm just mad as hell and I know I can't post my real thoughts and words here due to the forum rules about appropriate language.

Stupid, stupid, STUPID!!!!!

X2!

·
Super Moderator
9,138 Posts
^^ x3! :redmad:

·
Registered
966 Posts
What I don't understand is why sending a text is worth a life(s)? I'm sure it happens all the time, but now it strike home to us as a community. If a text is that important, pull over and do your business there. Same with drinking and driving, if anyone's hurt, it should be you, not an innocent driver. This lady made several wrong choices and hopefully she will pay for a LONG time.. Sickens me.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
What are the odds??? This just gets worse and worse of how he was just simply at the wrong place and time for only a second. I do hope to family and friends get some closure and time to grieve.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
This is terrible news :( poor Johnny, stupid drunk lady. I hope she is put away for a long, long, long time over this.

·
Super Moderator
10,287 Posts
This is terrible news :( poor Johnny, stupid drunk lady. I hope she is put away for a long, long, long time over this.
I agree; this is so senseless. :mad:

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Going back and looking through the photos of Johnny's wreck I couldn't help but notice in the 2nd to last photo the electronic sign above his wrecked truck says "Drink, Drive, Go To Jail." It couldn't be any more sickeningly ironic than that.

Jail is where she needs to rot for the rest of her life.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Man reading this made me sick to my stomach! I drive everyday and I see people all the time driving like it's all about them. Everybody needs to remember that driving can be a deadly business. She needs to be made an example of.

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,116 Posts
So what are the Intoxicated/Impaired Driving causing a Death laws in Texas like anyway? This woman is facing a big stretch of prison, right?
I was reading the online Beaumont Enterprise today, and a person was recently sent to jail for 22 years for killing someone for driving under the influence.

·
Super Moderator
9,138 Posts
If that's the same article I saw, it said it was a man who was sentenced. The driver of the Jeep was female.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts