TCCoA Forums banner

41 - 60 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
I was wondering this too because I heard that the reports of her driving erratically were possibly made by those that didn't see that a truck had dropped a big chunk of concrete in her path. We have family in Houston and that is all I have been able to find out without bothering anyone too close to the situation.

Can't find anything on the web anywhere news wise. I look almost daily.

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
Wow... I'm getting here late in the game. I haven't been very active in the forums. But this hits hard. JL was probably one of the first dealings I had with TCCOA. RIP Johnny. Gonna miss seeing you around here. I've lost 2 friends in the last month.

Drunk Driving is probably my number 1 pet peeve. I think you should rot in jail for doing it and I think you should be tortured to death if you kill someone while doing it. NC guy got off pretty easy in my opinion. He spent less than a year in jail and was ordered to carry a picture of the girl he killed in his wallet. What kind of effin punishment is that? NO tolerance for Drinking and driving over in my world. Screw this crap.

My prayers go out to all affected by his passing and may God watch over them all and accept Johnny into his wonderful Kingdom. Take care Johnny.

·
Super Moderator
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Has anybody heard anything about the crash investigation?

I've been looking online from time to time for weeks and haven't seen a thing about it online.

Did they not charge the lady for some reason?

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
See, I am probably WAAYYYY wrong because it's third party, but some family we have that lives near there seemed to think that the driver that hit him was a victim as well. I was told that the reports of her driving erratically were because there was suddenly a big chunk of concrete in the road in front of her that fell out of a truck. According to what I heard she swerved to miss it and that was where the reports of her swerving came from.

That said, I definitely want to know what really happene and I have also been watching the news and haven't seen a single report of anything. I can't find a mention of any results from the investigation at all. That kind of leads me to believe that what I heard might have some truth to it. I would think if the lady were intoxicated or texting and driving that there would have been at least some mention of it somewhere. I know that around here it would have been covered repeatedly.

If anyone knows anything factual then I am sure there are several around who want to know what really happened.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Expect this to take at least 6months to 2 years before you get a real answer--unless you get the police report yourself, which would mean talking directly to his wife. IMHO not the most polite thing to do.

When I was hit by my first drunk (KOed for 4hrs and Life Flight) the official report took about 3 months.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Man this is crazy. Ive been off the forums for some time now amd i had no idea untill justinH told me. Prayers with his family. Makes ya think about how fast something can go wrong and claim and destroy people's lives.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I've been following this thread for awhile now and all I can say is my prayers are with JL's family and friends. I really hope the woman in the jeep was a victim as well; it won't change the outcome, but at least the accident wouldn't have been the result of somebody's wanton stupidity.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
When I got hit by a drunk driver and totaled out the 94, it took a few months for them to convict her. IIRC, she got 5 yrs for manslaughter since her passenger died after being thrown from their vehicle. If the woman really was trying to avoid a huge chunk of concrete though, things do happen :( One time on 290 leaving Houston I almost ran over a ladder laying in the road. That couldve been dangerous!

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
http://www.12newsnow.com/story/16406560/head-on-collision-causes-police-to-shut-down-eastex-freeway

Just wanted to post an update on the investigation that I had missed. Apparently this information updated on 2-15-12. It appears that there could be too at fault, obviously they are still saying the woman was driving erratically however they now mention that a cement truck dropped a large chunk of concrete onto the highway which is what sent the Jeep airborne.

I still miss Johnny, he was a wealth of information and a great man. He'll always have a place in my heart.

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Wow classy lady. What the hell kinda name is Ratoshia?

People, please don't text and drive. :(

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Thanks for that info Kris. That should end the speculation. Knowing what we do now, I hope she gets the full sentence.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
I know there is a lot of young people on here, but that is EXACTLY what I preach about.

Inexperienced young drivers exercising NO RESPONSIBILITY. If you can't use a bluetooth headset or have a speakerphone, don't use the d**n thing and shut it off while you're driving.

Personally, I hope she does 20 years. She won't get any more experience driving, but maybe she will mature a little and use a little more common sense in the future before she kills anybody else.

Some will say it was an accident. Yes, a very, very, VERY preventable one.

That other video with the truck loosing control in the snow; those conditions were very dangerous, and driver error cost the driver his/her life.
This accident was simply blatant, ignorant disregard for the safety of herself & others.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
A low bond like that for the crime she committed , I bet she will get the low side of 10 years give or take :mad:

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Enough never seems to be enough. People like her are the reason there are always new regulations coming to pass. If only people would exercise some common sense so much hurt could be avoided. A lot of people today have no sense of responsibility and that is the crux of the issue.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
i say have her put a picture of Johnny on her phone...that way she remembers the life she took everytime she uses it...that is, if
I was a judge..

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
I say that she needs to be legally prohibited from ever having a landline free phone again. I also think the penalty for killing someone while intentionally doing anything like this while driving should involve a permanent revocation of driving privileges.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
i say have her put a picture of Johnny on her phone...that way she remembers the life she took everytime she uses it...that is, if
I was a judge..
Somewhat along the same lines......I'm thinking her jail cell should have one good-sized family portrait of Johnny and his family on the wall and nothing else.
Thank you for the update, Kris.

41 - 60 of 111 Posts