TCCoA Forums banner

61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,116 Posts
It took a little longer than I expected to see criminal charges coming from the incident. However I am glad to see that the charges are now laid. I am also glad to see that the Langton's are pursuing a civil suit. To late for the driver of the Jeep to learn her lesson but hopefully others do...

·
Super Moderator
10,290 Posts
I'd just like to say that I truly hope the Sorry-ass POS ho that murdered JL will almost-but-not-quite Die in a painful, gruesome way; then while broken and mutilated, be eaten by alive by rats.

Of course, After spending her life in prison. :mad:
I worried this comment might have been a bit extreme when I made it.

It feels really nice to have confirmation that my feelings were spot-on; happy this sorry pos will go to jail.

I hope she gets the max... and then the rodents. :mad:

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I worried this comment might have been a bit extreme when I made it.

It feels really nice to have confirmation that my feelings were spot-on; happy this sorry pos will go to jail.

I hope she gets the max... and then the rodents. :mad:
At least JL probably didn't feel it... :(

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
It took a little longer than I expected to see criminal charges coming from the incident. However I am glad to see that the charges are now laid. I am also glad to see that the Langton's are pursuing a civil suit. To late for the driver of the Jeep to learn her lesson but hopefully others do...
:zbeer:

·
Registered
737 Posts
I can't begin to say how violently angry this makes me. I'm sick and tired of clueless f***ing trash like this parasite killing innocent people, all because the only life they have is the one they create for themselves in the text box of a goddamned cell phone.

I drive by a crash site daily where a similar loser of life's intelligence lottery ran down an 11-year-old kid (or 15, I can't remember right now) who was well off of the street, running back to his house to grab something for a sleepover at a friend's house. Said greaseball was driving a dodge Ram 2500, towing a trailer...and sending sexual texts back and forth to his whore girlfriend....who was sitting on the same bench seat, two feet away. He sent a text within ten seconds or so of having to nail his brakes because he wasn't paying attention to the road, the trailer (trailer brakes were not in use) pushed the rear of the truck to the right, jackknifing both the truck and trailer, and crushing the poor kid against a low rock wall, killing him instantly.

If you text and drive, go step in front of a bus.

Rant over.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Holy crap! I have been off the grid longer than I thought. I had no idea this happened. R.I.P.

I hope justice is swift.

·
Super Moderator
10,290 Posts
I spent some time looking tonight; the only info I can find is that she's charged with manslaughter.

Anyone been keeping up with this locally?

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Has there been any updated or convictions on this? Its been nearly a year. I'd think something should have been done till now.

·
Super Moderator
10,290 Posts
This is the best info I could find.

http://youtu.be/yoMs4rf5Wbw

This is the Name to Look up, if anyone is local, or has court connections:

POS: ratoshia leigh baird age 23

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Yeh, I searched for info awhile ago on her; looks like her FB and Myspace haven't been touched in awhile.

Does anybody know what came of the cases? I guess there is two, right? Criminal and Civil?

It's so sad that something like this happens from a young person simply not paying attention...

In Mass, an 18 yo just got a 2 1/2 year jail sentence with 1 year to serve for texting & driving. He also has 80 hours community service and lost his license for 15 YEARS!

In Texas, it has become a crime to text and drive, but research shows that accidents are rising since then instead of falling because they think people are holding their phones low out of site which makes them takes their eyes off the road more...

·
Super Moderator
10,290 Posts
I won't even use my phone while driving; it's too much of a distraction.

I could imagine texting:
TrbldKtty: Let me out!
Grog: I just let you in!
TrbldKtty: I'm gonna crap on the rug!
...​
(I own a reincarnation of Fat Freddy's Cat.)

Of course, in my younger years, I've done damage while listing to the wrong song while driving, lol. :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
I won't even use my phone while driving; it's too much of a distraction.

I could imagine texting:
TrbldKtty: Let me out!
Grog: I just let you in!
TrbldKtty: I'm gonna crap on the rug!
...​
(I own a reincarnation of Fat Freddy's Cat.)

Of course, in my younger years, I've done damage while listing to the wrong song while driving, lol. :facepalm:
Same here! I am so easily distracted anyways and it just gives me another excuse to ignore the stupid cell phone, anyways! lol I figure, anyone who wants to get a hold of me bad enough will leave a message...

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
I agree!

The penalty is way too light as far as I'm concerned. I've seen drunk drivers get much more time for causing the same thing and spending a minimum of 2 years in jail. Nothing will bring JL back to his family and that should certainly be considered during the sentencing.

I only hope the civil suit goes much better for his wife and family. There should be some retribution for their loss.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
If that had happened to a member of my family , That young " pamper ass" would have to keep a eye out over her shoulder the rest of her days :mad:

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Johnny's wife & kids need to be at that sentencing hearing.

Maybe the judge will feel a little differently seeing the side of the story he hasn't had in his face, yet.

$1000 fine and 6 months in Country Jail - what a joke! I feel so terrible for the Langtons...

·
Super Moderator
11,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
I agree!

The penalty is way too light as far as I'm concerned. I've seen drunk drivers get much more time for causing the same thing and spending a minimum of 2 years in jail. Nothing will bring JL back to his family and that should certainly be considered during the sentencing.

I only hope the civil suit goes much better for his wife and family. There should be some retribution for their loss.
+1

Who the F&^! offered that "plea deal"?

That DA needs to have his head examined and his law license revoked. What a fine precedent to set in such a case.

She's either got some serious family connections or must have gotten one hell of an attorney in order to swing that deal.

61 - 80 of 111 Posts