81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,145 Posts
That is a cruel insult to the family. Just beyond words. Unbelievable. :redmad:

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
I like one poster's comments stating she needs to pay child support for the 2 kids until they are 18.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
I certainly hope the Langtons are pursuing a "Wrongful Death Suit"...

·
Super Moderator
11,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #84

·
Registered
737 Posts
I've seen drunk drivers get much more time for causing the same thing and spending a minimum of 2 years in jail.

I'm recalling the 'test' Car and Driver did to see which type of driver had the worst reaction times...IF I recall correctly, the driver who was simply making a cell-phone call and the drunk driver were about the same.

It was the texting-while-driving guy who scored the worst, and it was pretty bad.

You also have to remember that often those who work in 'public service' are those who can't hack it as a private attorney.

I like one poster's comments stating she needs to pay child support for the 2 kids until they are 18.
IF I recall correctly, she's a 24-year-old baby mill already.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Wow thats terrible. Hopefully she carries the psychological burden of responsibility for causing his death for the rest of her life...

RIP JL.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Wow thats terrible. Hopefully she carries the psychological burden of responsibility for causing his death for the rest of her life...

RIP JL.
Responsibility? Here is something you should do to see how many people take ANY responsibility for anything they do.

Tomorrow when you go to work, school, or whenever you deal with ppl - pay attention to how many times you hear people talking about this person did this or that happened because of that.

Very, very few people today admit to being responsible for anything in their lives - everything is everybody else's, corporations, laws, police, inflation, president, weather, parents, the list goes on and on and on. It's never THEIR fault!

I guarantee you this woman feels like it was simply an accident, preventable, but still just an accident. I'm sure her family and friends tell her that every time she cries about it to make her feel better.

I hate to be cynical like that, but I've met enough people to verify everything I've stated...

Some of you will say I just have lost faith in humanity and I don't know - maybe, but accidents like this sure don't restore it!

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
IF I recall correctly, she's a 24-year-old baby mill already.
Correct, and pregnant yet again. I have no doubt that was part of the plan to get off easy.

·
Super Moderator
11,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Agreed. Rick.

I guarentee she feels much more sorry for herself than she does for JL's family.

I'm sure she has a real "Why did this happen to me?" complex about the whole thing.

I still can't beleive how lightly she got off ... :eek:

·
Registered
737 Posts

RIP JL.
She doesn't give a tinker's damn about what happened. Someone who does this...repeatedly...there's a smoking hole in their soul. It simply doesn't register.

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Shocker..what total bs. You wrongfuly kill another person and get off easy. This is what our world is coming to.

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,116 Posts
This is horrible as this was the opportunity to have justice served. She got off with less than a slap on the wrist. Absolute bull****.

I really hate to say this but the wrongful death suit is not going to do much. I have a feeling she will plead guilty, have a significant judgement against her and then file for bankruptcy. You can only hope this does not happen. This is the very reason as to why I say the criminal judgement failed!

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Ridiculously light yes, but unfortunately that's how it is. You kill someone with are vehicle and its a horrible accident you do it with a gun and your blood thirsty killer.

Same issue with the guy that hit me in my Tempo he had six DUIs and still had a licenses.

IMO I hope this goes to a jury and give some jail time.

Justice served I doubt it.

·
Super Moderator
10,290 Posts
She doesn't give a tinker's damn about what happened. Someone who does this...repeatedly...there's a smoking hole in their soul. It simply doesn't register.
Agreed; I hope she ends up in jail with someone who knew him, and cares about the situation.

Sometimes, someone rotting in hell just isn't enough penance, somehow.

I am going to avoid commenting on how I feel about this; I don't want to get banned from here for my comments, by my friends.

I will say around here for the same thing you get 8 years prison time, no parole.

I know two of the same sort of lowlife that got that, and deserved every little bit.

I do hope she rots in Hell; but more importantly, she should be made to suffer first.

She should suffer something really bad, like splashing thru a honey truck at 80, and landing in a large fire ant colony... where they start at her feet.

In a righteous world, she has already contracted a horrid disease that will eat her from the inside out, leaving only her withered husk as a warning to others.

This is as polite as I can possibly express myself; hope I never see this ***** on the street.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Seeing this Jodi Arias sentencing hearing going on right now (fry Jodi, btw), I can't help but think about the Langtons.

Agreed that this is a different situation, but I certainly hope Johnny's family and friends give some impact statements at his killer's sentencing hearing!

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
81 - 100 of 111 Posts