TCCoA Forums banner

JL Memorial stickers, how should they look?

• With [url]www.com[/url]

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Without .com

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • SCCoA style

Votes: 11 32.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about this idea ever since KD informed us of Johnny's passing.
I'd like to see some TCCoA decals made in honor of JL; if I had the means to produce them I would. It's a very small token, but one respectfully submitted.

Using this as an example:

instead of the website addy there on the bottom of the decal it could have "In Memory Johnny Langton 1975-2011"

Hopefully this is viewed by the rest of us as a classy idea and not as tacky one or a profit-driven one..... in fact in order to do this right if there is any profit at all it should go to Johnny's family. IMO, I think it's a classy idea, and would gladly set this up myself and do it in a heartbeat if I had the know-how, materials, and access to the right tools/equipment to make these kind of things.
Opinions? Anyone who can do this?

·
Super Moderator
9,143 Posts
There are several websites out there where you can upload a design and have it printed to the media of your choice, similar to what I did when I made up the "Lorain Assembly Plant" window clings. I'd be more than happy to look for options and get a unit price then let the club decide how/if it wants to proceed.

·
Administrator
7,996 Posts
I think it's a great idea! :D Not tacky at all. Bill I think had the original club decals done, maybe he can help out.

Joe

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
There are several websites out there where you can upload a design and have it printed to the media of your choice, similar to what I did when I made up the "Lorain Assembly Plant" window clings. I'd be more than happy to look for options and get a unit price then let the club decide how/if it wants to proceed.
Yes, find out please. I'm dedicating my entire build to JL, the true N/A 4.6 king. Heck anyone who does a PI intake swap with- or without knowing, is paying homage to JL.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
I think shirts would be better. My hoodie says in memory of Joel Bender at the bottom, he passed a year before I joined the site regularly and I later learned on here how much he was missed. I think it was a proper gesture. It can be done again with Johnnys name. Just to point out I heard and remembered Johnnys name since like 2000 as a guy who knew good tech info.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Speaking of embroidery...was it Chris Murder who set us up with hats? I'd gladly send mine back to him if he can have the JL Tribute embroidered on....if that's any kind of option that is.

Still, I'd be down for a few dozen or so JL Tribute decals. Please do let us know about how we can get that idea rolling.

·
Super Moderator
9,143 Posts
There's options. Stickers should be more than a buck or so each, and T-shirts/hoodies/etc. could also be made. Pricing will depend on quantity; the best prices for stickers and shirts may or may not be from the same company. Plus the best price doesn't mean the quality is good. I think if we go forward with either/both it should be a good quality.

BTW I think it was supergordo who did the hats. Once I track down the post where Keith linked the font files (after I get home in ~1 hr) I can whip up a quick graphical representation of shirts and stickers, get a price quote for the various options, then work out with the admins how to get them distributed and if donations will be collected for them, etc.

·
Administrator
7,996 Posts
Speaking of embroidery...was it Chris Murder who set us up with hats? I'd gladly send mine back to him if he can have the JL Tribute embroidered on....if that's any kind of option that is.

Still, I'd be down for a few dozen or so JL Tribute decals. Please do let us know about how we can get that idea rolling.
Supergordo did the hats.

Joe

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
The only worthy tribute to JL would be a annual racing event in his area, focused around modular powered vehicles in general it could bring a huge crowd much bigger than what the thunderbird turnout would be. Not that the rest isn't a nice gesture but that would be a much bigger deal.
Alan

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
The only worthy tribute to JL would be a annual racing event in his area, focused around modular powered vehicles in general it could bring a huge crowd much bigger than what the thunderbird turnout would be. Not that the rest isn't a nice gesture but that would be a much bigger deal.
Alan
Street races? Not being serious I think anything car related could work so long as its a proper event with a bigger turn out like you said. Id make the drive to TX even show up with my ugly car.

·
Super Moderator
9,143 Posts
All right guys, 3" x 5", if that sounds good I'll start getting price quotes. I can add www.tccoa.com in there too if it's desired. Actual stickers will be clear with white text, front ink and front adhesive. Looks like pricing is 89 cents each + bulk shipping up to 499 stickers, then price drops to 52 cents each. Trick is there's a minimum order of 250. I'm still looking for an alternative.

·
Super Moderator
11,861 Posts
I'm going to move the Tribute discussion to this thread to keep things organized and not clutter his death announcement and condolences thread.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Super Moderator
9,143 Posts
I was thinking about that Kim. This is how it would look:

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
ide also like to have a sticker

·
Super Moderator
9,143 Posts
Well, it seems the site whose prices I quotes requires a 250 sticker minimum order, which is a little steep for us I think. I found another site that requires 125 as a minimum, but cost about 1.5x as much.

At this point, I need to know which design and how many. Then I can do some serious searching and get the best deal. Mods/admins, if you have any suggestions for a quantity to order let me know.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I think all of the Texas people should talk about getting together at some point...do a car show, or a racetrack event or something like that, in his memory...maybe make it an annual thing, like Joel's locals have done

1 - 20 of 133 Posts