TCCoA Forums banner

JL Memorial stickers, how should they look?

• With [url]www.com[/url]

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Without .com

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • SCCoA style

Votes: 11 32.4%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 133 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,875 Posts
I think all of the Texas people should talk about getting together at some point...do a car show, or a racetrack event or something like that, in his memory...maybe make it an annual thing, like Joel's locals have done
The MAMN12 group isn't local to where Joel lived in Charlotte. :rolleyes:

The Carolina Thunder crew keeps the Tbird spirit alive for Joel even though we haven't named our less formal meets after him.

Joel's name always comes up when we get together.

Anyway, I think it would be great if the Texas crew would get together in JL's honor/memory.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
let me know how you do on the stickers, I need to fix my pc that runs my sticker machien I think it lost a motherboard....I have material here the hard part is finding time to do it.
Alan

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I was thinking about that Kim. This is how it would look:

I would buy a set of 2 at least.

Also yes it was Supergordo that made the hats, I'd consider a hoodie and shirt also. Of course if there is a Johnny Langton memorial shoot out/meet (hopefully in TX) I'll take time off from work and drive out to attend. He was an inspiration to me, after all of my health issues this year his passing hits me hard regardless of whether or not I ever met him in person I did speak tech with him on here and over the phone, he was always willing to help out.

Can we get those as rub on stickers, individual cut unlike the previous clear background vinyls?

·
Super Moderator
9,152 Posts
Rub on stickers, as in the letters alone adhere to the windshield and the backing peels off?

Like I said, I can order them anytime, I just need a quantity and design type (the one with or without www.com). Problem is they have to all be identical, so we all have to agree on something. :)

Hats and hoodies I won't have to have a minimum order for. I know of a website where I can upload the design and open a "shop" where you order whatever.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Rub on stickers, as in the letters alone adhere to the windshield and the backing peels off?

Like I said, I can order them anytime, I just need a quantity and design type (the one with or without www.com). Problem is they have to all be identical, so we all have to agree on something. :)

Hats and hoodies I won't have to have a minimum order for. I know of a website where I can upload the design and open a "shop" where you order whatever.
Yes exactly right.

·
Super Moderator
9,152 Posts
Hmm... Alan, if that's the kind of sticker you can make maybe it would be best for us to have you make them up. Of course assuming you have the time.

For now I can focus on making designs for hoodies, t-shirts, etc. for people to look through. I'll be adding a couple more designs for people to customize (colors, sizes, styles) and I have one basic design up at the moment. I'll add a storefront URL once I get a few more things up.

Also, that website has a loyalty setting where I can set a percentage of the price which I keep. Right now it's set at 10%; I'll be sure to forward whatever I end up getting go to JL's family through whichever channels seem most appropriate.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts

These were done some time ago, I can most likely get the design and make the necessary changes. I've also got access to a vinyl cutter and will see what it will run to do them. Size is 7"x2-1/2"

·
Super Moderator
11,875 Posts
I like the SCCoA style.

May be we could make fresh versions of these for Joel Bender and Brian Klein (th3subtl3on3) while we're making them... I'd like to be able to pay my respects to all three of them.

·
Super Moderator
11,875 Posts
Good call Joe.

BTW I see SCCoA shows Inc. are we ...

© , ®, ™, Inc., LLC or AAN ? :tongue:

·
Super Moderator
9,152 Posts
I have a vector graphic of the T-bird logo; I'll whip up a rendering of something similar to what SCCOA did and get it up for comments and suggestions this afternoon.

·
Administrator
7,997 Posts
BTW I see SCCoA shows Inc. are we ...

© , ®, ™, Inc., LLC or AAN ? :tongue:
At the bottom of the page it states:

Copyright 1999-2010 Thunderbird and Cougar Club of America

So, © maybe?! :zdunno: :2huh: :confused: :rofl:

Joe

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
I like the SCCoA style.

May be we could make fresh versions of these for Joel Bender and Brian Klein (th3subtl3on3) while we're making them... I'd like to be able to pay my respects to all three of them.
I'd also be up for several of each. The original Joel ones were so cheaply made that it was all faded by the time I got rid of the 94.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
I am going to do my best to get the computer going next week and run the cutter. The most time consuming part is having the time to peel the scrap off and put the backing on. If I can get a volunteer to do that part I will cut the stickers. Realistically the material usage on these size of stickers is little to nothing in cost. A roll 24 inches wide by 100 feet is less than $50 and we won't even use more than 5 feet of it. I have some really good clear transfer tape that I prefer because you can see through it and I can send whoever is willing to do it a tool to push the air out (hard plastic squeegee).
For that matter I just bought another xp machine for the kids to play their fischer price game on and it is capable of running the machine. If I cannot get the video to work on the proper pc I will install the software on that one and do it. I need to cut stickers for me as well.
If anyone makes up a drawing I need it in a vector image because that is what the machine reads, arcs and lines....The lettering I can do myself just tell me what fonts you use. It is easier to type them in right in the software than trransfer them over because you get bad cuts especially on small letters and end up using a knife to trim them.
I have gray and white material among others however I think the right thing to use would be the color of his car.
I can make t-shirts as well, I did the shirts for the shootout a couple years ago. I have to replace or repair the printer for multi color stuff but if it is single color stuff that can be cut out like a sticker and transfered over I can do that without having to buy anything but materials.
Alan

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
I think it is great that so many people think enough of Johnny to want to do things like this. However, I do feel that nothing of this nature should actually be produced without first talking with Dawn. I think it would be highly inappropriate to do so without her approval. Now isn't exactly the time to be doing that either, she has bigger fish to fry at the moment. I am here in town for the funeral, but won't be bringing any of this up. I wouldn't have a problem talking with her about it later though.

·
Super Moderator
9,152 Posts
I understand completely Kris. I won't do any kind of production until we hear back from you about how Dawn feels about it.

·
Super Moderator
10,319 Posts
I'm in for stickers; whatever everyone decides is cool.

21 - 40 of 133 Posts