TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to join a gym to get back in shape for baseball season next spring, im looking at www.lifetimefitness.com anyone a member of this place?? there are 2 of them near me one by my work and the other kinda by my house and you can go to any of their locations across the country for no additional charges. looking for opinions of anyone thats a member.

also id like to compare their prices to other gym's
one time enrollment fee $300 (October special $210)
monthly rate $59.95 for an individual membership.

·
Registered
515 Posts
hey if you have a YMCA near you you should definitely check it out. The one in my hometown had an awesome weight training area, it rivaled some of the gyms in town and its only like 10 a month

·
8,239 Posts
yeah, the YMCA and other "public" type places are much cheaper. Our town has a center that is very nice, nicer than most private places and its dirt cheap (like 149 a year).

I know for a fact that the ymca will let you try it out for like 2 bucks a session or something before you join. Some of the YMCA's are much nicer than others.

JH

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I know for a fact that the ymca will let you try it out for like 2 bucks a session or something before you join. Some of the YMCA's are much nicer than others.
Speaking of nice YMCAs. My town just got a BIG new one and they don't even do the 2 bucks a session anymore. I used to go play basketball there, but now they told me to screw myself if I didn't have a membership. I do like their equipment and thing it is one of the best places to go to get in shape. Lots of hot women at the one in my town.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I haven't ever seen a lifetime fitness place, but they look like they are top notch. I also noticed that they have guest passes for up to 7 days. I think I would go try out a few different places, see what they have to offer, and then make a decision.

Russell

·
Johnny Five is Alive, TCCoAAC Member
1,614 Posts
I am a member of a local "wellness center" One time enrollement was $175 (waived cuase i went there for the "PT" for my back) monthly fee is $49.95, Open 24x7.. And is actually owned by a local hospital.

i go 3 times a week, from 6:00->7:30 and its never busy :)

I dislike going to a place and it being very busy..

·
Formerly known as lfteyechicken
865 Posts
I go to crunch fitness, good gym, all the classes are free, and if you have one near you, I suggest them, as I have looked at several gyms and crunch offers the most bang for your buck. The only thing I don't like about it, I wish it was a 24 hour gym.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Vic - thats crazy expensive if you are just going to lift weights and do cardio. I am sure they have a 100 things to do at that gym, but honestly ask yourself how many times you will take a step areobics class or sit in the sauna. Plus, places like that usually have a high amount of chicks, which sounds good at first, but you can't ever get a 100% workout because you are always looking at some tight ***. If you want to get in serious shape, I would recogmend trying to find a smaller place.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
The gym I goto has a few treadmills, a couple stairsteppers, and about 15 peices of weightlifting equip. Not much, but that's all you really need. Free sign-up, $15 a month.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts