TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have some directions or a wiring diagram for the fuel pump and relay so that I can turn the key to run but keep the fuel pump on. I am working on a way to drain the tank without dropping it. Thanks.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Does anyone have some directions or a wiring diagram for the fuel pump and relay so that I can turn the key to run but keep the fuel pump on. I am working on a way to drain the tank without dropping it. Thanks.
i have to laugh at myself...I had to do this the other day in my Buick, and I litterlay had to turn the key back and forth about 300 times to empty the tank!!!

I just did not have timne to research how to do it.

sorry, really no help.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
If the car is running, just hook a fitting on the fuel line schrader valve plumbed to a fuel jug and run the car until it stops. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the car is running, just hook a fitting on the fuel line schrader valve plumbed to a fuel jug and run the car until it stops. :thumbsup:
Well looks like we have a winner. I am ordering an on/off valve and some NPT fittings to connect to the schrader valve and will have a hose running to a jug. I should be able to get 90-95 percent of the fuel out.

The good part is all I do is open the valve while the car is running and wait. Close the valve and disconnect one hose and keep trucking. I will take a pic when I finish in the next two weeks.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
I used this:

http://www.extair.com/image/airchucks/ball-air-chucks.jpg

AC2210 to a 3/8 fuel line to a gas can.

You don't really need a valve as you can simply turn off the engine to stop the pump. Just be advised, that it will pump slowly. Just keep an eye on the gas can and let it run until the engine quits.

Has worked for me on numerous occasions. :thumbsup:

But it is pretty hard on the pump and I would recommend replacing the pump while you have the tank out unless it's fairly new. :zwall:

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why not just use a siphon hose? or take a look and see if the tank has a drain...
A siphon hose has always been slow for me. I'm hoping to drain 2-3 gallons in less than ten minutes. Basically the time it takes my car to cool down on a dyno.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts