TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today me and a buddy of mine went to the local junkyard as its been a while, and I was hoping to pick up a set of 96/97 tail lights for my car. While going through the Ford section my friend says to me, "Hey look. Someone did the same thing as you." (Talking in regards to my 96/97 hood/headlight swap). Followed by a brief pause and him stating "Is that a Cobra hood on a Thunderbird?" Sure enough it was a 94/95 Cobra R hood for a Thunderbird. I knew I was going to take it, but when I popped the hood I found a PI intake manifold, U/D pulley's, and shorty headers! I took the hood off and decided that I wanted to take the PI intake as well. When I took the intake off i found that it had PI heads, further investigation led to me noticing this was on a Teksid block!! And to sweeten the deal the car had an Addco rear sway bar, Trac-Loc rear end (unknown gears at the moment), and Eibach springs. I took everything, the engine, trans, rear pumpkin, springs and Addco sway bar!

Tomorrow I will post pictures of my findings as well some of these things maybe on sale.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
PI heads, PI intake, Alum block sounds like more likely it was an explorer motor swap. Still epic find!

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
I hope you go back and for more investigating and see if you missed anything. Sounds like you got the jump and get the spoils.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PI heads, PI intake, Alum block sounds like more likely it was an explorer motor swap. Still epic find!
Did the Explorer have 6 bolt mains?

·
Super Moderator
16,822 Posts
Yep 6 bolt. Everything but the headers was a helluva a find! The shorties were exactly where they belonged though lol.

I wonder if this car belonged to a former member. Shame it was junked, sounds like a nice car. :(

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got plans to sell the TL? I call dibs :tongue: did you check the driveshaft? could be 1 piece mark, or 3.5/4 inch racing drive shaft.
If I sell it I think I want to sell the pumpkin as a unit. PM me an offer we can talk about it. As for the DS it was just a stock T-bird DS which I was surprised at. It really was a shame to see this car in the junkyard, such a fine specimen.

+1 lol. If you end up selling it may I have dibs on the intake?
PM me an offer. I was thinking of keeping it but money talks :D

·
Registered
966 Posts
Was is iron or aluminum pumpkin? Either way, if you decide to sell, we might be able to work something out. Are you gonna look into what gears it has?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Jeez all I want to find up here in the JY is a fold down rear seat in gray, but I think this find would trump that. I saw a cobra SHELL in the JY last week, NOTHING left but the cracked rear bumper!

Nice find and good luck with all those parts whatever you do with em!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Was is iron or aluminum pumpkin? Either way, we might be able to work something out. Are you gonna figure out what gears it has 1st?
Honestly the whole reason I want to sell it as a unit is so I dont have to open it. That friction modifier stinks to high heaven. :beek:

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Awesome! I never find anything cool like that!

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Thats nice, all I ever find at the junkyard these days are nasty interiors with cigarette butts, used condoms, enzyte packages and calling cards to mexico. :D

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Thats nice, all I ever find at the junkyard these days are nasty interiors with cigarette butts, used condoms, enzyte packages and calling cards to mexico. :D
I miss Stockton Pick & Pull :(

The pick your part yard here is actually really nice, big, new, clean....too bad it's an hour and a half drive from me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts