TCCoA Forums banner

just a few more questions.....

374 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  92spi 
#1 ·
still newbie here, w/ '95 cougar 4.6. tps hasn't arrived yet, but should be here soon. removed air intake tubing yesterday and sprayed maf w/ 'correct' solution. also throttle body. didn't seem to help low idle at start (400 rpms). once you goose it a time or two, it jumps up to about 700 rpm at idle. pulled vacuum tubing from egr valve and hooked up mityvac to it and pumped to about 25 mm hg. yes, I plugged the removed tubing with requisite golf tee. had barely any effect on idle. dropped it 150 rpm or so. is this correct (normal)? I can just about kill my ford f150 v6 doing this. still wondering about low or non functioning egr or passages on this engine. really don't know mileage-odometer stopped about 108k. also have slight oil leak down back of engine-possible leaking valve cover gaskets? how hard are they to r&r? got a couple Lincoln ls's, and they are a real ***** to replace. any thoughts or comments are still welcome and much appreciated.....:grin2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.