TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Well, I've just bought, or should I say stolen a bullit intake. Got it from a friend with a twin 57mm tb, the air tube, and throttle cable, for $300! Anyways, I've read through the few threads I could find and to my understanding, our throttle cables and fuel lines will work. The things that I need to know are:

What about our alternators? Do I need another one?
Will stock injectors work?
What about stock maf?
And last question...I read on a thread that I dont necessarily need a tune to run this intake, is this true?

And any input would be appreciated! Or anything I might be forgetting to mention let me kno
please!

·
Super Moderator
16,738 Posts
stock injectors and MAF will work and definitely use them if your going without a tune(though I'd get one for that intake) You'll need to use the DOHC alternator though. The regular 2V alternator is too thick.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Wow what a deal.

I don't mean to rain on your parade but if you don't have big cams or at least pi heads, you will probably be better off with a PI intake; less weight and they flow near the same until 5 or 6k rpm. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I've read this twice now on the forum. Either way though it will be a nice improvement over the NPI junk

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Yup, I think its a 6G alternator it's called. Just don't use the newer ones that are pcm-controlled.

As far as tune, the idle might be messed up. You might have issues. No one can say for sure because we don't know what's been messed around with on that throttlebody. That has a huge impact on idle quality especially when slowing down to a stop in city traffic. Don't be surprised if it just flat out stalls out constantly.

Quick stabs at the throttle body will cause major lean spikes followed immediately by ultra-rich spikes due to the different fuel mass stuck to the port walls in conjunction with the larger throttle body. This cannot be fixed without a tune.

As far as worth it, if it is anything like an SVO intake, it will definitely make more power pretty much across the board. Might not be much, but there are gains high and low. I'm referencing these statements from datalogs of airflow and engine load I had done with my SVO intake.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow what a deal.

I don't mean to rain on your parade but if you don't have big cams or at least pi heads, you will probably be better off with a PI intake; less weight and they flow near the same until 5 or 6k rpm. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I've read this twice now on the forum. Either way though it will be a nice improvement over the NPI junk
Yea, I'm not expecting much of a gain, no I don't expect it to have 20+ more hp, but I'm still running a npi intake, so I'll tell a difference I know! Mostly I bought it for looks right now since the bullit intake is by far my favorite when it comes to looks! Also I have a turbo already for this car waiting to build the motor :)

Ok, so all I need is a 96-97 cobra alternator...that'll be easy enough, mine's stock anyways...never hurts to upgrade before it breaks!

As far as the tune, I guess I'll just go ahead and get DD to hook me up with one, I'd hate to put it on and my car not even idle...lol. Plus my friend said that the throttle body has been ported, so it may not idle.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Grab a set of 24# injectors and a mustang MAF when u get it tuned.. Ull be happy with that combo & that intake

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Grab a set of 24# injectors that run on 39psi and a mustang MAF when u get it tuned.. Ull be happy with that combo & that intake
Fixed it for ya. Too many damn injectors floating around out there that cause tuning issues.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Glad u said that.. Which brings me to something.. Is there a "no good" 24# injector thats a "no go?" Because i may not have the right ones on my mustang possibly..

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This might be a dumb question, but what about stock early super coupe injectors? I have a set of 8 of those, and a set of 42's. I already have a mustang maf from the bbk intake I bought

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Any injector you can identify in this chart: http://users.erols.com/srweiss/tableifc.htm

Just make sure they are high impedance and know the flow at 39 psi. There are two style connectors that can easily be converted.
Of course, the injectors you choose have to physically fit into your manifold (there are some that are different lengths).

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
This might be a dumb question, but what about stock early super coupe injectors? I have a set of 8 of those, and a set of 42's. I already have a mustang maf from the bbk intake I bought
Technically any injector can be made to work so long as the fuel flow data is properly entered into the calibration in the pcm.

Glad u said that.. Which brings me to something.. Is there a "no good" 24# injector thats a "no go?" Because i may not have the right ones on my mustang possibly..
So long as it's a ford/frpp/Bosch injector you shouldn't have any issues with it so long as the person who tuned it was aware of what system fuel pressure is needed to produce the flow data on the spec sheet.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Oh ok. I should be in the good with my injectors then. They are stock dohc ford ones

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Which intake gaskets do I need to buy for the bullit intake on npi heads? I'm sure its been said in previous threads, but I searched and couldn't find one that said it. I know I'll need rtv, just don't know whether its pi or npi gaskets.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts