TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my exhaust has been waiting around for too long now and its time to throw it on....so far...what im doing is 2.25 cats after headers....getting together into a 2.25 x2 magnaflow/3" out....then splitting again behind diff to 2.5". what im thinking now is selling my 2.25 cats, and buying the MILs for the o2 sensors and running cat less....my question is, would that be enough back pressure so i dont loose low end torque???

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Pretty much no. But a set of gears and/or a new TC will solve that problem, and solve it in a BIG way...

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so would it be smarter to run the cats for now?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
it just depends on how long it will be until you can get a TC or gears. If its just a few months, i'd go ahead and go catless. but a year or more..you might want the cats.

btw..where will you get the MIL eliminators?

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
didnt get the mils yet...i can get the link for u though...i just want to get this straight and im thinking im gona have to much back pressure with cats on it....what do u guys think

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
With a basically stock car (non SC'd or heavy nitrous'd) a set of 2.25 or 2.5 inch pipes with matching converters should give you plenty of backpressure for your low end torque. And if you're concerned that you'll still have too much pressure, have a pair of cutouts installed in front of the cats so you can dump it and have full flow when you feel like it...

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i think im just gona put the cats for now...i do kinda regret i got 2.25s but oh well...i just didnt want to put an aftermarket exhaust on and gain nothing out of it...

oh yeah...wes, here is a link for the mil's on ebay...i know for a fact i have seen em cheaper
MIL Eliminators on Ebay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts