TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to take a moment and express the appreciation and thanks that many of us have for our more experienced and knowledgable members. For the guys who answer our questions, and don't mind when we're (especially me) a little slow to figure it out and bug them again and again for clarification.

Even more so, it is a thanks to those same members who realized that even though we might not say it often enough, they are appreciated, and so they stick around and put up with the trouble makers, morons, cat-callers, etc. that try to ruin it for everyone.

There are quite a few of you on here, but a small group of you are just outstanding, mainly for the second reason. I'm NOT going to list everyone, just the ones who I know I have pestered in the past with newbie questions, and they were always patient enough to enlighten me, and who gave information to others in the boards in a clear enough way where even I was able to understand it, even if I didn't understand the original question:

A-Tain
JL
Dugweed
Frankencougie
4 Cam Bird

In my mind, you guys are the power hitters. To everyone else who has contributed and helped to make this place the friendly wealth of information it is (and who I will also probably be pestering over the years), thank you as well.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
you're calling dugweed experienced!?!?!?!

j/k Mike don't crush my head next time you see me (WFC next spring, I'll be there)

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Yup, too many guys to list that thanks should go to. This is club is what it is because of the people.

There are occasional scuffles, and some people that should be shot. :)

I know what I know about tbirds because of this site. And I've spent thousands of dollars on my car as a result of this site. (Not sure if that's good or bad)

My thanks to all who have helped me learn as well.

·
TCCoA Bachelor Club Pres.
1,267 Posts
HERE HERE, thanks to all those who help, I have learned a ridiculous amount about my car, and others, I can recite the very specific exterior features of all the different model years of Cougs thanks to this site and the people on it, and to the people in charge, guys like ShadowDragon, who has helped me with my poster status message a time or two, and those who go the extra mile to help, Chris Duck, he's been a great pleasure to deal with, way to many people to name, and to few posts to do it in, so I raise a frosty mug of Orange Crush to you guys, thanks a ton:D

·
Anything But Typical
1,337 Posts
Wanted to add my sincere Thanks to all you guys, too :bowdown:
There have been too many of you to list that have helped me out of tough situations, lent a sympathetic ear, or just been great fun!
I appreciate it greatly, and I'm proud to be a Chapter Director because it means I get to work with a great bunch of people! YAY!!! :znanner:

--Molly

·
Registered
505 Posts
Great post Trinten!

I used to open my hood and just close it again because I didn't have a clue what was going under there... I couldn't even find the carburetor for cryin' out loud. Hey, I'm an old guy, what can I say.

Now I can at least look under there and go "Yep son, that's what ya call your mass air flow sensor, right there... yep."
edit: Thanks soop... see I'm still learning.
But seriously...
The people on this board, and especially the ones named here, are what make this place great. (My personal special shout outs go to Shadow and Johnny L. by the way) Hopefully you guys won't give up on the rest of us because one or two losers don't have any other purpose in life but to try and start trouble, ... and you're still willing to share your experience and wisom with the hundreds of people here who need it every day.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
CyLum said:

Hopefully you guys won't give up on the rest of us because one or two losers don't have any other purpose in life but to try and start trouble,
hehehe...

I know of one person that isn't going to be around to start trouble anymore.....

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
My thanks in the sharing of knowledge to me personally area would have to go to Big Scott, JL, Richard M, EECDoc, A-Train, MagerThom and 1MtnCat.

For the contributors of help to make this place what it is... JT most definately.

Chris Duck and Bob Ryan have been really helpful with parts. :D

And of course theres the thanks to all the Carolinians that have been under or in the car with me during all the crap that's been done to it. Oh yeah.. and Dugweed too for crawling under and fixing the rear O2 and aligning the MLPS.

:thumbsup:

And a big thank you to everyone else who comes here and makes this place what it is.

·
Registered
505 Posts
JoelBender said:

hehehe...

I know of one person that isn't going to be around to start trouble anymore.....
:zbeer: Kinda' makes you all warm and fuzzy, doesn't it.

I just think it's going to be like the flu season though... as much as you dread it, it always comes back.;)

·
Only you can prevent modular fires
1,446 Posts
Thank GOD FOR THEM!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I don't have but a few personal thank you's to give out, since I don't ask alot of questions on the forums.

I would like to thank:

EECDOC for his helping with an upcoming mod that he is taking time out of his day to help me with.

Bullitbird for his hospitality when I was up there not long ago

1MTNCAT for putting up with my billions of questions about nitrous, and his hospitality.

All the Carolinians for the help with the car, and keeping me somewhat sane!

Bill for having this place for us all to hang out at

And certainly not least of all, JT for keeping this place going.

To all those that are here, and have been here for alot longer than I have. Thank you for not going the way that some have, although they had good reason. Your helpfulness, and knowledge is much needed, and even though not much appreciation is shown, you are appreciated, for without you folks, this would just be another website in the vast void of the internet.

Gahh! almost forgot one more (guess I had more than I could remember)

Bagged89 for my questions on bagging a certain thunderchicken, for without his help, I'd still be on springs!

·
Registered
488 Posts
DON FORGET

green bird
richard m... (REALLY great guy)
seabass
shadow
vicrattlehead
jrob even tho hes not aroun much anymore
magerthom

and i think joel does a pretty good job too

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
CyLum said:

I just think it's going to be like the flu season though... as much as you dread it, it always comes back.;)
jeez, don't jinx us!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
JoelBender said:

jeez, don't jinx us!!
:uppoint:

I just say, ride the wave for as long as it lasts...

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
You're very welcome kids! Anytime! ;)

Thanks to everyone for all their great knowledge of all things technical and go-fast. I really gotta say this whole website has changed me, and my perception of my automobiles. 80% of what I know about a car's engine and drivetrain I learned here. 95+% of what I know about I know about MN12's I learned here. I hope it's around for 50 years to come.

Speaking of FrankenCougie, that gimp, I mean, guy, should show up more often. Maybe he's still nursing his last injuries.

chrisnack said:
Yup, too many guys to list that thanks should go to. This is club is what it is because of the people.

There are occasional scuffles, and some people that should be shot. :)

I know what I know about tbirds because of this site. And I've spent thousands of dollars on my car as a result of this site. (Not sure if that's good or bad)

My thanks to all who have helped me learn as well.
Well stated Chris, I gotta agree 100% :D

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I think most of the names have been mentioned that I can think of... thanks guys! We've all got to start somewhere. Let's just be glad The Civic Club of America didn't stick around, lol.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Silver95Bird said:
I think most of the names have been mentioned that I can think of... thanks guys! We've all got to start somewhere. Let's just be glad The Civic Club of America didn't stick around, lol.
LOL.... Yeah... what a day that was...

·
Registered
686 Posts
GM and Chrisnack are kickin a's and taking names in the stereo department! w00t guys! WTG! They helped me a ton figuring out my latest system upgrades, tho id say i wouldnt have spent half the cash i did if they hadnt got me drooling talking about sweet systems haha! But its all good :D :D

Greg

1 - 20 of 23 Posts