TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey...

how hard is it to add IM capabilites to this board? PMs are great, but rather than have a conversation back and forth with PMs and having e-mails sent to yoru mail account, and popups left and right.. simple IM window

i know nitto1320 challenge incorporates an im client into the 6mb download, so i know it isn't as big as yahoo or aol.. plus ads aren't needed, etc etc

just a thought

JD

·
High Output Poster
1,491 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. Corral has their own IM. It would be a cool feature to have on here if its not too much trouble.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Why not just use the IM program of your choice?

aka AIM, MSN, ICQ, IRC, or Y!

There are ad free clients that allow you to connect to all of these network simultaneously.

I prefer Trillian. Some people like Gaim also...

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if i am on the board and say, goldbird is online, i can shoot a quick IM message to ask a question, rather than say, open up yahoo, im him, then get a he's offline message because he didn't feel like opening yahoo...

and trillian i think is poop.. i don't like it.. i only use yahoo and occasionally aim, very rarely..

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Between home and work, I've logged over 20,000 hours on Trillian and have NEVER had a problem with it. Every now and then one of the services will change their systems and will require a patch from Trillian, but that rarely lasts more than a week....and it's usually Yahoo!

I've asked the guys at the Corral about theirs, but haven't gotten an answer back yet.

·
Registered
195 Posts
i've contacted the company that provided corral.net with theirs to get some basic information about the software.

Thanks.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Thats a great idea.. Im sure it would take a while to get goin but once it did im sure it would be awesome. Im sure there are some drawbacks. But sounds like a good idea to me.

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts