TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a 90 Medium Titainium, SC automatic since 1995. A pretty clean car from the original owner . The trans lost 3rd gear, so it has not been driven in a while.

Anyway.....I got a call from a friend that said his white 89 SC was at a shop, and they said it needed an engine. He said I could have it, but needed to get it out of the shop. I will be bringing it home tomorrow. It is a 5 spd. car with 110K miles. Fairly well equipted: sunroof, keyless, tan leather, JBL, CD, light group, etc. Interior is in pretty nice shape for 20 yo. The only flaw in the body is the paint on the right side of the front bumper, and a resulting tweak in the right front fender. I started it, and the engine has a pretty good rattle to it. Almost like all the rod bearings are gone. Anyway, I'll take a few pictures this weekend.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like SC's. Call me crazy! I have too many cars, including a 90 Nissan 300ZX twin turbo. I will need to clean house this spring. I guess I'm stuck in the late 80's, early 90's.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
no you don't to be a supercoupe owner you must meet strict criteria

1> have an understand spouse
2> have ungodly patience second to none
3> have a backup vehicle
4> be a knowledageable mechanic
5> live near an autoparts hub store
6> have a good paying job

·
Registered
290 Posts

3> have a backup vehicle
I only have 3,4 and 5 and sometimes 1.That's 50%.Do I qualify? :rofl:

·
Registered
43 Posts

3> have a backup vehicle
Amen to all that,i believe you nailed supercoupe ownership[it's worth it though]

·
Registered
160 Posts

3> have a backup vehicle

I own a Turbo Rx7... I know how the game works :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
most of the criteria are correct but it is a special club. owned one and now looking for another. rare, fast and cool to own. im looking for my 4th tbird now but you do have to have most of the thing listed, its not for everyone.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I used to own an 87 Celica Supra Turbo and an 82 RX-7. The RX-7 theres nothing like popping that 4bbl open and climbing to 9,000 rpm in second. Zoom. Zoom. As for my supra when I bought it the tach was not working and I was working 6-12's a week so not much time to tinker. I finally got a break in work schedule and got it fixed. I found out that I had another 2500 rpm before the redline I guessed while driving it "hard" I then found out how amazingly quicker this car really was. No offense to anybody but this car was a 5.0 eater. IT also had IRS but came stock with 4:10's, Loved that car.

It really does take a special breed of person to love these cars and give the the special attention these cars need. These are not modes of transportation to us these are our baby's and they get treated as such. It is definitely NECESARY to have a understanding spouse. Cause they all know when it comes down to it, It's gonna be a hard choice choosing between two for your time. Thats why I love my wife! I

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
I currently have 4 Sc's, 1 V8.

My wife ROCKS!

R

·
Registered
748 Posts
It really does take a special breed of person to love these cars and give the the special attention these cars need. These are not modes of transportation to us these are our baby's and they get treated as such. It is definitely NECESARY to have a understanding spouse. Cause they all know when it comes down to it, It's gonna be a hard choice choosing between two for your time. Thats why I love my wife! I
My wife is learning.....;)

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have two Super Coupes.... a 95 Cougar with a DOHC 4.6, an 86 Buick regal T-type with 3.8turbo (bought new) an El Camino, a Monte Carlo SS plus plus plus..... ocassionally my wife talks to me.....................Dan

·
Registered
748 Posts
I have two Super Coupes.... a 95 Cougar with a DOHC 4.6, an 86 Buick regal T-type with 3.8turbo (bought new) an El Camino, a Monte Carlo SS plus plus plus..... ocassionally my wife talks to me.....................Dan
LOL

1 - 20 of 23 Posts