TCCoA Forums banner
61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
I see a few interesting things in your latest set of logs.

After the car switches to closed loop, it has to command 10% less fuel to obtain stoich indicating a rich condition. After the car reaches normal operating temps however, everything looks spot on.

Have you verified fuel pressure?
No. I will hook a analog gauge to the fuel rail to get that data point.

The tune is by Lasota via email (info from the PO). As we all know the vacuum lines were not 100% right but they are now.
What you are telling me adds up. once warmed up the car is tip top. Like you suggested the cold idle table is off a bit. I checked for vacuum leaks and there are no leaks.

I do know it is beer:30 and i am wearing foggles.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
10,483 Posts
I'd drop Don an email and see if he thinks it's worth looking at dialing in cold fueling again now that we know the vacuum lines have been addressed, and were suspect during the original dial-in process. He may or may not ask for a fee, but at the very least it's worth engaging his expertise. If he's willing to make a small modification to your tune for troubleshooting, ask him to turn off adaptive fueling. This will let us see the actual commanded lambda without needing to factor in LTFTs.

Only other thing I can suggest is seeing what it does with the MAF disconnected.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I will reach out to Don.
I disconnected the MAF and was hard to start and it stalled immediately,
I was thinking about trying the stock tune to see if it is tune related. But I decided against it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I checked fuel pressure and the range was 30 to 35 PSI during a cold start.

The PO is going to email the Lasota tune info to me. Once I get it I will contact Don Lasota.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
code P0402 came up today on a cold start. (exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve is flowing too much recirculated exhaust gases when it is commanded to open the flow of gases into the intake manifold.)

·
Super Moderator
10,483 Posts
Could be the DPFE sensor. It's easy to get the inlet and outlet hoses mixed up and installed backwards too, which could cause erroneous readings.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 · (Edited)
I checked the DPFE hoses and fount the one off the back side of the DPFE disconnected.
I reconnected it using a a photo I found on the interweb as a go-by. Still got the P0402 code after running a few minuets. the last few times it has been with a P1000 code too.
I took the cowl off but darn it is tight back there. LOL

go-by pic

·
Super Moderator
10,483 Posts
EGR is only commanded with an engine fully warmed up and during cruise, so it won't clear the code until it's been out on the road for a bit. The P1000 means it's got some unfinished OBD-II monitors it needs to run too.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
cool. That's what I figured. The PO is mailing me the transferred title this week, so it won't be long before I can take it on a 50 mile round trip with some freeway time.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
I was installing a new ignition switch and in the process found a Viper 211HV alarm module. No remotes though. it would be nice to have keyless but I wonder if it is even worth getting remotes for this old system.

·
Super Moderator
10,483 Posts
Did it come with the factory keyless? Check behind the carpet on the driver's side in the trunk next to the fuel cutoff switch for the RKEM.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
No factory keyless. No trunk module or door keypad.

·
Super Moderator
11,414 Posts
My tbird had a viper alarm; I wonder if there was s dealer promo.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Not sure Grog6. I was looking over the wire job and it was done well. no cheap wire taps. So I decided to leave it as it is. Also noticed that the doors unlock when the ignition is turned off which is a Viper feature. Yesterday I found the valet button and when pressed the blue led light comes on. So curiosity got the best of me, I could not resist and ordered a 474v remote for ten bucks,

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Going LED for the interior lighting. The "C" pillar light lenses were so brown and brittle so I replaced the lens with a sectioned glow in the dark ping pong ball. I would have used a regular ping pong ball but it was all I had on hand. It fits nice and I like the domed look plus it was free. I looked up the melting point of a standard ping pong ball and it is 180 deg F.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
I got the Viper remote. It was easy to sync and works perfect. 🍻

61 - 80 of 91 Posts