TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Its new to me. If anyone remembers the HG's blew in my 95 3.8. I saw a 95 4.6 in the paper so I called on it. Just went and picked it up today for $950. It needs a new mass air flow sensor and and a little body work, not much though. I'll pobably get it repainted too. It happens to be the same color as my 3.8 and any body parts I need can swap but I'm pretty sure, even though its already the same color, I'll have it repainted anyway. It has an electric sun roof too which was a surprise as it wasn't mentioned in the paper. All in all I will probably have a little under $2000 into it counting the purchase price but I think it will be worth it.

Of course then the mods will come. This is an expensive hobby. The only bad thing is the four month wait for spring to drive it.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Are you sure it needs a MAF, did you try cleaning it yet?

I reccommend if you are going to get a new MAF might as well do it right...
Get a 90/80MM Maf with SCT chip, 180* thermo, and 2 step colder spark plugs)

If you still need a MAF, I have the original one I took off my car since I switched to a 90MM MAF
I painted it black, I can post up pics if you are interested

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I had the same problem with my first t-bird when I got it and it happened to be the MAF so I'm pretty sure that's what it is. I was thinking about going to an after market one too, it depends on the financial situation. If not, I have the one from my other car, but thanks for the offer.

This car also has a keyless entry. Is there any way to reprogram a new password into these?

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Carlover007 said:
Are you sure it needs a MAF, did you try cleaning it yet?

I reccommend if you are going to get a new MAF might as well do it right...
Get a 90/80MM Maf with SCT chip, 180* thermo, and 2 step colder spark plugs)

If you still need a MAF, I have the original one I took off my car since I switched to a 90MM MAF
I painted it black, I can post up pics if you are interested
I agree with trying to clean it first.

I don't agree with getting a 80mm or 90mm lmaf on an otherwise stock 95 engine. Unless you're planning on adding a supercharger or nitrous or doing major engine work. It will do nothing for you except lighten your wallet. You're in no danger of pegging the stock maf on that engine. Even with a chip. The biggest restriction on that engine is the lower intake. A PI swap will do more to bring that 95 engine to life. I would also look into a jmod, converter and 3.73 gears. You also won't need a 2-step colder plug.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts