TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for anyone into PS2 and da games this thing is the shizznit. Seeing as how PC games and technology make themselves obsolete every 6 hours, this is probably the most interactive and controllable shootin stuff game i have played in a while. The whole usin the mic thing is awesome. anyone have it? how far have you gotten?

up next is Conflict Desert Storm...i wanna snipe Saddam.

c ya

joseph:usa:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Played it, it was fun. It's kind of cheap sometimes. I like to be the terrorists and dress up like a pirate. It's all the more fun when you play online. We have a hub in our dorm room set up for just the PS2 and one computer.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
i have socom, i've had it for about a month. I played the one player game only once for about 15 minutes. It was kind of boring, not my style game. I like the games where you just run out into the middle of everything and shoot like crazy. But then i hooked it up to my cable modem and played online. This game is awesome online, i would reccommend it definitly. You can talk to the other players on your team and stuff. I've had it for a month and I am still addicted to it.

Frank

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
Online is very cool. Very very cool.

I've played single player more than most people have, but after I finish level 11 (I'm on 10 now) I'm done. All that happens is you get "promoted" from ensign to LT(jg) and you play all the levels over again. Some of these levels are friggin hard!!!

It's an awesome game though.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I have had the game for months, and really liked it. But just last week I hooked it up to online and now I play it for at least an hour each day. Online play kicks it up a notch.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I thought that conflict desert storm game looked cool, was thinking about buying it for NGC when it comes out... but then I saw the reveiws, everyone gave the PC, PS2 and Xbox crappy scores so It must blow or something!

I still like the old school R6 for pc! Its graphics are lame to date but I love that game!

Jake

·
Registered
239 Posts
MN12BIRD said:

I still like the old school R6 for pc! Its graphics are lame to date but I love that game!

Jake
yes sir!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yeah the best part of the game is setting up a clan and playing organized tournaments. Right now me and some friends are putting together a clan. I have had the game since it came out and I will agree that the 1 player mode isn't that much fun but the online play more then makes up for it. I cant wait to see a second socom. If only they made socom for xbox it would be a much cleaner looking game.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
fdawg97lx said:
i have socom, i've had it for about a month. I played the one player game only once for about 15 minutes. It was kind of boring, not my style game. I like the games where you just run out into the middle of everything and shoot like crazy. But then i hooked it up to my cable modem and played online. This game is awesome online, i would reccommend it definitly. You can talk to the other players on your team and stuff. I've had it for a month and I am still addicted to it.

Frank

i dont have Broadband yet so i cant play it online. i like playing it one player. i have a scarey tendency to take these military first person shooters a little too seriously. i hate losing, so i trust the comp better than some kid....

joseph:usa:

·
Registered
30 Posts
comp?

i saw posts of people hooking it to cable modem and whatnot...u can hook it up to a comp?....lol...i have cable access and if there anyway i could play it w/o having to buy the $40 network adapter i'd love to know

peace..

·
Registered
192 Posts
Nope if u want to get online with the game u are going to have to buy the networking adapter. The cable hookup is just converted to an ethernet cord that is then plugged into the back of the ps2. While your at it you should get a router so that u don't have to unplug the ethernet from the cable modem every time u want to play it. I have my cable modem hooked up to a router and it works great. The game itself is definetely worth the 40 dollar networking card. not to mention most of the games in the futue will probably have some form of internet use. Online football is awesome and u can download new rosters if u have the networking card

1 - 11 of 11 Posts