TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with windex and cutips. Got it all back together and started it up and it ran fine. i reved it up a few times then got out to see if i could see any black smoke. When i got out, the car sputtered a couple times and died. I tried starting it back up and it was like it was flooded, but finally started. It ran rough, like it didnt want to stay running, but once i reved it up a couple times it was fine. i let it idle for several minutes, then started and restarted it a few times. It seems to be fine now, but the part where it died has me worried. anyone have an idea why it would do that?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it seems to be fine now... i let it dry for an hour...

i went over it w/ a cutip afterwards to get a residue off, if there was one. The only reason i cleaned it was because I was getting about 14-15 mpg. I'll test it this week and see if its better.

·
Administrator
8,240 Posts
Double check the connector on the sensor and make sure it's fastened properly.

Joe

·
Registered
5 Posts
Why did you use Windex? I've always read to use electrial contact cleaner... Are there any other cleaners that would work?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
If it was really gummed up it'll take the eec a while to relearn and adjust it's operating parameters. You may want to disconnect the + battery terminal for about 15 minutes and then restart it. I think there's a fuse you can remove to accomplish a reset too but I can't recall where it is....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts