TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I go from reverse to drive or from park to drive, it seems to take a couple of seconds or more for the tranny to engage. It's always done this but i'm just curious if this is normal or if something needs to be adjusted?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
10,753 Posts
That's pretty normal; IMHO, the slippage on your tranny can be gauged by how it acts when you put it in drive after reverse (Barely Rolling! don't break something!).

A new tranny will stop you; a well worn one will roll back with no problems, from what I've experienced. :)

YMMV...

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Maybe your oil is low this is what mine needed(less than a quart) and that problem went away instantly.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe your oil is low this is what mine needed(less than a quart) and that problem went away instantly.
Can't quite understand how the engine oil level could have any effect whatsoever on the function of the tranny and how long it takes to actually engage the drive-shaft when going from park to drive????

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
He probably means transmission fluid. My Town Car has a couple of second delay going into drive. It has 173k on it, so I expect it is tired. Kind of surprised it has gone so long.
My Tbird has about 30k on a rebuild and engages faster.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts