TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any reason that no body runs a flowmaster 40 series on the t-birds or cougars. i was thinking of doing a mid mount 40 series with true dual all the way out and getting rid of all the cats. no emission laws:D

Just wondering what every one thought of the flowmasters

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
don't know where green town is but I've read on here over and over flow's rust like no ones Biz and leads to a rattle. But yeah peeps here run them.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i hate people that have nothing to contribute but "try search". if i have posted something it is because i have had no luck with search. thank you to the people that are actually willing to help the people that have questions. but if you have nothing meaningful to contribute, please be quite.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Ok, just start a new thread for every question you ever have, it probably hasn't been asked before and we do have unlimited space here on interwebs. there certainly wasn't a quicker way to find your answer.

·
Super Moderator
17,039 Posts
i hate people that have nothing to contribute but "try search". if i have posted something it is because i have had no luck with search. thank you to the people that are actually willing to help the people that have questions. but if you have nothing meaningful to contribute, please be quite.
I tried search.

Search: Key Word(s): flowmaster

Showing results 1 to 50 of 95
Search took 0.50 seconds.

No luck eh?

·
Registered
975 Posts
I could feel bad for you, but I did a search for Flowmaster 40 and got 1506 results.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
did u read any of these 1506 results? you see because of this post i have found out that this may not be a good muffler for my application due to the fact that i live in ohio and they are known to rust out badly. i have done plenty of reading into the flowmaster systems. and i have yet to see anyone that has run a mid mount dido 40 series on the mn12 4.6l. so therefore a simple question was asked. if you dont like the questions that people ask, simply dont waste your time reading them. and certainly dont waste your time whining about what people asked.

thanx for the help splattered

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
Living in an common rust area, whatever you get will rust at some point or another. It's just a fact of life.

My 94 LX is running 2.5" true dual, X pipe, then Flowmaster 40's in the rear.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uyz2wT2rBQk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uyz2wT2rBQk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

-Melon

·
Registered
975 Posts
did u read any of these 1506 results? you see because of this post i have found out that this may not be a good muffler for my application due to the fact that i live in ohio and they are known to rust out badly. i have done plenty of reading into the flowmaster systems. and i have yet to see anyone that has run a mid mount dido 40 series on the mn12 4.6l. so therefore a simple question was asked. if you dont like the questions that people ask, simply dont waste your time reading them. and certainly dont waste your time whining about what people asked.

thanx for the help splattered
You've been a member here for....six minutes now and you're the one whining that people were asking you to try search. I merely said there were a plethora of links available, and I do not specifically remember you asking about the rust belt, etc... that would have been more of an original question. I know that Matt on here runs that exact exhaust here just outside Chicago and probably would have been more than happy to enlighten you with more information; however, a great deal of people reply to the same thing over and over, leading to the 'go search' post occurring more and more often.

This site has ~10 years of information, not including what was on birdcats, MN-12 Performance, etc... you probably wont have a question that the answer isn't on this site...ever. Its just a matter of finding it.

·
Registered
663 Posts
That ^^^ and your question was

any reason that no body runs a flowmaster 40 series on the t-birds or cougars?
and well, as it turns out, they do. Look around. You're gonna get ostracized pretty quick with that attitude.

Seriously, there is an amazing amount of information on this site if you look for it. I came here with minimal wrench turning ability and just by searching performed all said mods in my signature with only starting one thread about how to bust a certain bolt loose.

·
Super Moderator
12,075 Posts
Living in an common rust area, whatever you get will rust at some point or another. It's just a fact of life.

-Melon
Borla's don't rust. They're stainless steel and come with a Million mile warranty.

Flowmaster also makes stainless products and warranties them for 10 years.

Just verify that what you're getting is in fact stainless and you should be fine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts