TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the subject says, I just did the PI intake on NPI heads swap and everything was pretty straight forward.

Now the questions...

When I initially started the car after the swap, it idled perfectly, if a little higher than normal. After about 10 minutes or so of gathering up and putting away my tools, I grabbed the throttle linkage and gave it a little rap just to see how the car sounded. It did a slight bog and then gave a single small back-fire pop through the intake. It only did it that one time. Is that normal or to be expected while the car is re-learning everything? It hasn't done it since nor while I was test driving it so until I hear differently, I'm going to chalk it up as a fluke. :D

My impression of the car after the swap is that it seems to have a bit more pep and throttle response. Did any of the rest of you notice that? I'm going to give it a few days of normal driving to see how it acts when it has learned everything over again.

My tech article on how to do the swap will be up in a couple of days but will be without pictures. I just didn't have the time to slow down and take pictures and I couldn't find the charger for my camera's battery packs anyway. :(

·
Registered
298 Posts
first time I cranked up my 02 explorer engine and after letting it idle I snapped the throttle and she popped out the exahust and stalled rofl. She never did after I let her run for a few days.

I'd chalk it up to your computer be confused with all that new found air flow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.