TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Free IPhone 5....monthly bill paid for me. Would you not renew your android's contract to save about $110/month and switch over to the apple? Or would you still pay to stay with android no matter what? My android contract is up in a couple of months, and both phones are with Verizon wireless. Thoughts? Such difficult choices I am faced with in life. :)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I like Apple better so.... :)

·
Super Moderator
9,188 Posts
You smartphone people... :tongue:

I have an iPhone only because it's a company paid phone. Before I had that job I had a super cheap ($25/mo.) prepaid flip phone I would carry around for emergencies only.

·
Super Moderator
11,928 Posts
You smartphone people... :tongue:

+1 :rolleyes:

I still using a "dumb" flip phone. All I need a phone for is phone calls! I don't text and I certainly don't need the internet at my fingertips 24/7. I've got my laptop for that if I really want/need to go online.

As for keep or pitch the Droid, I'd sell it or trade it in or whatever and save the $110/month for parts. God only knows how badly you need to finish your engine before the end of this Mayan epoch since you missed the end of the last one last year. :tongue:

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Palm computer is what I call them, With a phone App . I only have one because its free with service. But have to admit the GoPro App is very cool to have with these camera's.

·
̇
3,702 Posts
Free IPhone 5....monthly bill paid for me. Would you switch over to the apple? Or would you still pay to stay with android no matter what?
Sell the Droid on TCCoA.. :D

Trunk Monkey said:
God only knows how badly you need to finish your engine before the end of this Mayan epoch since you missed the end of the last one last year. :tongue:
ROFLMAO!..

That's the funniest thing I've heard in awhile..Thanks for the laugh..

Rayo..

·
Super Moderator
7,493 Posts
If both phones are Verizon, you should be able to switch which phone is on which line pretty easily, so with that being said, I would say don't renew your contract on the android but keep the phone, try out the I-phone, and if you don't like it, go to verizon and activate your android on the line that came with the I-phone. At that point, you could probably sell the I-phone, or just keep it as a backup in case something goes wrong with your android.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
If both phones are Verizon, you should be able to switch which phone is on which line pretty easily, so with that being said, I would say don't renew your contract on the android but keep the phone, try out the I-phone, and if you don't like it, go to verizon and activate your android on the line that came with the I-phone. At that point, you could probably sell the I-phone, or just keep it as a backup in case something goes wrong with your android.
It all depends on his company's policy about the iphone. Their phone bill, their contract, their rules. Potential problems you should check out:
1) They could restrict the usage to iphone only (aka their IT monkeys are lazy and only want to approve one phone).
2) They could claim ownership of the phone. All my previous companies gave me the phone (or more specifically, they allowed me to pick whatever phone I wanted and would reimburse me $200-300 every two years). It was still "my phone." OTOH, I've had friends who were given a phone but then they were expected to return it should they leave.
3) Some companies care if you make personal calls on the phone so you may need to maintain a second line for your personal activities.

Check with your company's IT policy. If everything is kosher, I agree with Mikey -- save your $110/mo if you can.

·
Registered
531 Posts
"The smartest phone is the one that never rings." -- Mahatma Ghandi

:cool:

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
My work phone is an iPhone (but a lowly 4) and it works great for outlook mail, calendar, apps to share desktops and VOIP to be able to transfer from my other voip account back and forth.

I would not like the iPhone as my personal phone, I much prefer my Android device, even though it is huge and old (smartphone wise it is ancient). I enjoy the apps, functionality, and format for daily personal use on Android.

Yes, I end up carrying two large heavy smart phones a lot of the time. I keep the two phones separate and can't drop my personal phone (which is 1 of 3 on a family account that are 60 a month each).

·
Registered
531 Posts
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nY-o-cVgwkA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:)

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Getting rid of the phone is a no-no. School bought it so it's their property. So there's no way to attempt any switch-a-roo's.

.... And I really am asking a question! Lol. But one specific question, not general suggestions. I reallllly want this badass TIG welder that has a lot of bells and whistles, and it's going to set me back the better part of $3,000, hence why I am considering my posed option to save money and help justify the welder purchase.

·
Super Moderator
10,414 Posts
Getting rid of the phone is a no-no. School bought it so it's their property. So there's no way to attempt any switch-a-roo's.

.... And I really am asking a question! Lol. But one specific question, not general suggestions. I reallllly want this badass TIG welder that has a lot of bells and whistles, and it's going to set me back the better part of $3,000, hence why I am considering my posed option to save money and help justify the welder purchase.
I have been offered a Company Leash many times; this is in the "Do Not Want" list for me. :rofl:

Do you really want to be working whenever someone picks up the phone?

I have a Capt. Kirk flip phone that also has a camera; That's pretty much what I need. :cool:

Hooter girl photos don't take themselves, lol. :)

Imagine filling your work phone with those accidentally; or by a jealous coworker, po'ed ex-gf, etc.

:D

I'd bet TM has a Company Phone©; ask him privately what he can use it for, by the rules. And what would happen in the above scenarios...

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I love my iPhone 5, great piece of hardware, and pre iOS7 it was fantastic, but iOS7 gave it genital herpes and now it's a worthless piece of junk that I try to avoid touching.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have been offered a Company Leash many times; this is in the "Do Not. ant" list for me. :rofl:

Do you really want to be working whenever someone picks up the phone?

I have a Capt. Kirk flip phone that also has a camera; That's pretty much what I need. :cool:

Hooter girl photos don't take themselves, lol. :)

Imagine filling your work phone with those accidentally; or by a jealous coworker, po'ed ex-gf, etc.

:D

I'd bet TM has a Company Phone©; ask him privately what he can use it for, by the rules. And what would happen in the above scenarios...
I hear ya, lol.

I can use it for personal use so long as its nothing illegal. I have no problem with that.
I'm just so damn lost when it comes to using it, damn it lol.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Work gave us all iPhones, we made them take them back and give us Androids so we could use the damn things.

·
Super Moderator
11,928 Posts

I'd bet TM has a Company Phone©®; ask him privately what he can use it for, by the rules. And what would happen in the above scenarios...
Fixed it for ya. :D :rolleyes:

Yup. By the rules I can use it for exactly squat.

I hear ya, lol.

I can use it for personal use so long as its nothing illegal. I have no problem with that.
I'm just so damn lost when it comes to using it, damn it lol.
I hear ya. lol. You'll learn to use it and then wonder how you ever lived with out it. The damn things are addictive. Remember Crackberry? Please don't ever get that addicted to your phone like some people. I had to deal with an alternate resouce kid who went through serious withdrawl when I told him to leave his damn phone in the office while we worked. He was so addicted to the damn thing that he really couldn't function with out it let alone with it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts