TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got 40 series Flowmasters put on my 95 4.6L, with True duals ran and all cats taken off. It sounds good until I give it a lot of gas, I guess the best way I can describe it is as crackly or rattly. Any way to get a deeper sound?

·
Super Moderator
10,675 Posts
Also I would like it to sound as close to this Mustang as possible.

anymore suggestions?
Yeah, but Bill wont let us talk like that... :)

Every Asshat in this part of the country has a Rustang with flowmasters on it; I like the fact that my car has very little in common with one; I may be alone here, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
875 Posts
As mentioned above, did ya use an x-pipe or crossover pipe? That should take the raspy sound away.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So basically I wasted my money and need to get completely new pipes? Damn.

would putting the cats back on help that any?

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
its a x pipe says below the pic

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
So a x-pipe is a must. What about putting any cats back on?
i would put a minimum of 2 with out cats you'll have hardly any torque. you can mash that pedal but you wont go anywhere fast hell you take off the exhuast at the break away point after the 3rd cat and you'll have no torque. have it go true duals but with the x-pipe where the 3rd cat is and go back to duals all the way to the back usuing 2.5" piping at a minimum. the only thing the x pipe does is act like a resenator of sorts and gives it a better sound its not 100% necessary but most cant stand the drone and sound of it.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
Yeah, but Bill wont let us talk like that... :)

Every Asshat in this part of the country has a Rustang with flowmasters on it; I like the fact that my car has very little in common with one; I may be alone here, but I doubt it.
your not alone i love the handling over the crustang plus all the crustangs around me are v6's and i love messin with them they give it some gas and i might here it over the drone of my v8 at idle. matter of fact this chick that lives across the street in my neighborhood just got a brand freakin new 09 crustang with a piddly v6. i just can't help but laugh my ass off at the single pipe coming out the back end of what should be americas favorite v8 powered muscle car.

So a x-pipe is a must. What about putting any cats back on?
i would put a minimum of 2 with out cats you'll have hardly any torque. you can mash that pedal but you wont go anywhere fast hell you take off the exhuast at the break away point after the 3rd cat and you'll have no torque. have it go true duals but with the x-pipe where the 3rd cat is and go back to duals all the way to the back usuing 2.5" piping at a minimum. the only thing the x pipe does is act like a resenator of sorts and gives it a better sound its not 100% necessary but most cant stand the drone and sound of it.

get a set of high flow cats and a good x-pipe like an off road one.

·
5,650 Posts
Yeah, cats are the reason for torque...:rolleyes:

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
2.25" is more than enough for a true dual exhaust setup. That is, if you plan on staying N/A.

·
Registered
245 Posts
After your done, post a few sound clips/ vids!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts