TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate it heh. It was rainy and the roads were wet, and I made a right turn on to another pretty major street, I guess I turned to fast because my bird lost controll, I tried to stop it, but I couldnt. I hit the front end of a 2002 Dodge Ram. I thought I messed up his car majorly, but it left a dent, the dent than popped out by it self later on, so now theres just a couple scratchse on his car. It turns out I knew the guy, he was my old wrestling coach. I found out after the police came, he said he wouldnt of even bothered with the police if he knew it was me :(.

But now to my car, my car is pretty messed up, at least the hood is. I hit the center of my car so theres a big dent in the center hood, and it like bent the hood in half, so it doesnt shut all the way. This sucks majory. Im only 16 and cant afford all this crap, even though I start a new job today. But I only got liability :-/

I'll get pics later, because the accident took place last night, and it was to dark to see anything. Since it was dark, he might even have more damage than we thought :(

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
well, if it helps any... i have a fiberglass cervinis mach1 hood, all ready to go, just needs final prep then paint. its in the metro detroit area, about 45 minutes from you. email me, [email protected] or AIM me, that is my screen name as well... if you're interested, i might cut you a deal.. also, my best friend bought my brand new headlights and he has some good condition lights laying around, and he also my header panel (the plastic piece that goes across the front of the car and holds the headlights and corner lights in) at his house and i got brand new regular corner lights at my parents house. if you need that stuff as well. its all from a 1990 tbird.

accidents suck, i feel ya man. look at this as a chance to maybe srpuce up the look of your car.. heh. but we might be able to work out a nice deal, and the parts have been sitting around for a while, so they wont be going anywhere anytime soon, if you think it might be a while. currently i live on the west side of the state, but i can easily arrange something where i can come back to the detroit area and meet you. i might be able to meet you somewhere closer to you for a few extra bucks (not too much more) if youre interested. so just let me know, ill be glad to help. goodluck, i know these things suck. -greg

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
that really sucks, hope you're ok bro...
Your car will be considered totaled because of the year, if you have insurance then don't sweat it, as for the truck, those trucks can take pretty good hits.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
mn12xr7 said:
Your car will be considered totaled because of the year, if you have insurance then don't sweat it, as for the truck, those trucks can take pretty good hits.

it wont be totaled, he only has liability.. so insurance wont do anything except raise his rates... which sucks. but even if he had full coverage, it wouldnt necessarily be totaled anyway, just as long as the bumper and fenders and frame are fine. still sucks either way. -greg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mn12xr7 said:

Thanks man, me and my passenger were fine, just was a little sore from whiplash and had a huge headache, I dunno how she was tho....

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
In the words of Eric Z....I always look forward to when something breaks, cuz I know I get to replace it with something better...

Think of it that way.

And I don't have any stolen road signs to speak of, but if any of you have ever noticed the large vegetables that hang on the wall in Pizza Hut, me and 3 of my friends managed to sneak a 3' leaf out the front door without them noticing.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
going rate for a used early hood around here is a about a 100 -150 bucks

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
I assume your talking about a used stock hood.. The hood that greg (glowingescape) has is a Cervini's Ram Air Hood. It's like mine, except unpainted.

-Andy "Melon"

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
yes melon i was.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
that sucks bro... hopefully with any luck everything works out for you and you get the bird fixed ASAP.

glad to hear no one got hurt

-Steve :cool:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
im trying to avoid my first accident until after im 16. Thanks to street racers i almost died 2 weeks ago. I forgot to post this story but i pulled outa a neighbor hood and was halfway across the 2 lanes on that side of the road (4 lane road wit center lane) when a 2 door civic comes HAULING *** around the corner. He swerves almost too late and hits a curb and flips his car. The light that the race occured at was one that i often race at but the turn in this 4lane road is a LONG ways away from that. The 2 cars that almost hit me was a BMW and a civic civic was WAY ahead of the BMW so my guess is the beamer and the civic raced at my usual light race is over and beamer lets off but civic decides to request permission to fly by. Permission is granted and he almost smokes me right in my drivers door doin what id guess was about 80-90. Theres no way i woulda lived.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That sucks hanman, your so lucky, glad your fine tho. Well, heres the pics, nothing major but still, the hood is messed up. I think my parents are gonna buy me a new car:

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
A new car? You could buy a hood from someone on here and get it painted for a grand total of probably 300-400 dollars. Much cheaper than a new car. Just trying to help you out. I have a red hood off a 90 tbird that has some minor hail damage to it, nothing a body shop couldn't fix real easily. I'll give it to you for 30 bucks plus shipping.
-Thomas

·
Registered
724 Posts
Cadis75 said:
That sucks hanman, your so lucky, glad your fine tho. Well, heres the pics, nothing major but still, the hood is messed up. I think my parents are gonna buy me a new car:
Is that a hard drive sitting on your hood?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yeah looks like you just need a new hood and a little straightening of the spacers or whatnought.. definitely don't lose the car! :eek:

Your first accident always sucks. But one thing you'll realize if/when it happens again is that no matter what the damage, no matter how badly your car is tore up, if you're ok that's really enough to be happy about. Sure it's a nice car, and its your baby. But your baby can be rebuilt, or replaced and you can't. :tongue:

Hope you get things "straightened out"(horrible joke) soon!:D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Chizep said:

Is that a hard drive sitting on your hood?

heh yeah, its my hall pass for my Information Technology course I take at school. Kinda geekish to use a hard drive as a pass lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts