TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car to Aamco and had them put in new tranny fluid. The tranny fluid was pretty well burnt from what I saw and they told me.

On the magnet were several long, fine strips of metal about 2-3 inches long. They said that they would not drain the torque converter, because there was a lot of metal on the magnet. Nor would they recommend a flush at the same time.

Should I be afraid that my transmission could go out anytime soon with the findings of these strips of metal? The guy said it could be from the clutch, torque converter, or even from one of the bearings inside the tranny.

Input please!

Oh yea, the tranny fluid is still pretty dark, and they said it will be dark till the fluid from the converter is out, but that I should bring it back in a few months and let them change the fluid again, and it should be cherry red by then.

I mean it shifts a lot smoother, there is no more shudder in the 3-4 shifts at all! I've felt a good difference with the new fluid in there (even though it's still pretty dark)

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
If i find that in a trany pan i would skip the fluid change and put the cash towards saving for a rebuild

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea, i'm officially saving for the tranny rebuild now. Just thank god for tax returns :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts