TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed a zex dry kit and 75 hp jet

there was minor pinging the first time i used it. but every time after that was fine.

next up i guess is a fuel pump and regulator. then maybe a bigger shot.

would a 125 shot be too much for a motor with 160 k on it with a new pump and regulator?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Any kind of minor pinging will be the death of a 4.6 motor. You must run high octane gass and pull some timing. If you can hear it inside the car it is killing the pisons.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i had just put in a half tank of 93 octane and some octane boost. the pinging only occurd during the first run. ill definatly try pulling some timing though.

thanks

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Personally, I would shy away from the 125 shot on a stock motor. I may be willing to bump mine up to 100, but after that is just asking yourself to toss a new motor in, IMO. I have a friend who constantly used a 150 on his 96 GT...after about a year of that, it was knocking pretty bad.

Joe

·
Registered
453 Posts
I agree75 max. Get the big fuel pump. I know a old tbirder had a 96 sprayed it for years with a 75shot and it ran great until the day he sold it. His is the puc in multi media drag section that almost pulled th wheel, its black. The is the biggest issue with the gas, get greedy and boom. Now 1mtncat runs a bigger shot but he has his setup to run it. May want to drop him a pm. He knows the zex

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Bottle heater will help, purge will help slightly, but generally on the first run...since air doesnt seep into the lines while they're pressurized from the nitrous...

Upgrading the pump and regulator are the safest things you can do...even on the 75 shot....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts