TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have stumbled upon a 94 crown vic for $200 but it has a cranks / no start condition. I am trying to figure out roughly if it is worth the effort considering I am looking into the car to resell it, anything that I should look at first.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Crank Sensor?

It's worth $200 easy, you can salvage it and make a few bucks in a day!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking the same, but I haven't looked at it yet. I towed it today and now I'm thinking about buying it. The guy was driving it stopped for something to drink and bam no start. It's got some issues, but the issues are the same as the birds so not hard to fix. It's the no start condition that worries me, if I'm going to invest money in this car I would like to get at least 500 profit out of it.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Check the injectors for pulse with a noid light, if theyre pulsing you have crank signal.

Check fuel pressure

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Better off fixing the issue and running it into the ground yourself as a winter beater. I can't see making any profit off a 94 CV. I've seen totally drivable ones listed for $500 around here
That was originally the idea but I need to make some money on the first car I get and the money from that will keep it going and pay for the mods on the SC.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Agree on checking for injector pulse. Do you hear the fuel pump prime when you turn the key to "On" before trying to start it? Could just be a bad pump, or even just check all the fuses. Could be that simple.

One other thing to check would be the fuel cutoff switch in the trunk.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
So was it the fuel cutoff switch?
-g

1 - 11 of 11 Posts