TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's kinda weird. i've noticed lately that everyone seems be doing the same mods at the same time. everyone was getting scott's gauges (which are kickass, mind you), then everyone started painting their interior, now several people are swapping to stock rims from a different year.

once i finish my secret mod, perhaps everyone will want that? :)

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i just all at the same time. sure some people have done the interiors before, but every other thread in there is about painting them. i'm doing mine, but i'm doing it black. redoing the stock black, and making all the previously tan pieces black.

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
Whoa I just painted my dash, console, and door handle "thing" black. Don't copy me! ;) j/k I'll be getting some of Scott's gauges this summer, and I'm still searching for some 7 spoke XR-7 wheels! :tongue:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Oh yeah? I have stock rims! And stock size tires! And 2 sets of those stock rims with stock size tires! Ha ha ha :cool:

And I don't have a RichardM tube either! But I do have one of his modified violin cases :leftright

And interior painting isn't my thing either, I like the black and grey. I would like the gauges with flames, but can't swing the $$ right now.

I did do the J-mod though...

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
I'm proud to say I was the first on the gauges wagon.

I put in Gen I SC seats with new leather, moving the seat control to the center console, making the armrest rotate back than to the side, replaced the door and speaker fabric with vinyl, smoothed the dash, made a hole in the lowest DIN slot for an air vent, installing a handbrake from a SC, and painting the black plastic, including the armrest.

·
Registered
946 Posts
My next mod for the Bird will be a fresh 4R70W since 2nd gear on this is near toast. Also some new tires (245/50/17s).

I've also been scrounging around for a 99+ GT mill. That's when the real fun begins :)

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
well the only reason im doing anything to my car is because of this spring weather... well there is snow today... I've been waiting to swap rims with Rob for months, just finally got too it... I like the stock wheels, nothing to flashy... and she still remains a sleeper....

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I painted my interior, and am still at it. Switching out misc. parts for better stock ones, like a console with the foglight switch. I want some better stock wheels b/c I can't afford some $800 Cobra R's, + tires, and there's no way I'm gonna pay around $500 for some new 15" wheels. To me, it's a waste to get new 15" wheels, just stick to stock. I too got in on the white-faced gauges early. I got the 8th and 56th sets. It took Scott a little while to try different media for gauges.

People who hear about a good mod go after it. Like Scott's (Dr. F.) info center. It's just that they weren't out, and not everyone can afford them, or don't understand enough to feel confident enough to do the work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts