TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked up new 3.73 Gears on Ebay for $68!

Hey guys I just picked up a new set of 3.73 gears on ebay for $68, how cool is that? I just wondered how much a difference will they make in my E.T. and seat of the pants? Thanks.

·
Registered
456 Posts
If you also install a trac-loc, I'd say 15/100ths easy...maybe 2/10ths with a little bit of luck.

It also depends on what gears you had before. Mark VIII LSC owners who bought 3.73's didnt hardly notice a diff in the seat-of-the-pants, but on paper, they shaved about 2/10ths...but thats because they had 3.27's before, and a swap from that to 3.73's is barely noticeable.

if you had a 3.07/3.08 gear set before, you could see 3/10ths with great traction.

Enjoy the new shift points!

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I didn't notice a ton of difference, a tenth or two, but the SOTP change was terrific. I bought mine because I also got a good deal... not quite as good as that, but still good. Enjoy them!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What else do I need to get for the install, just a new gasket, some rear-end fluid and a new speedo gear?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Blackicelsc said:
If you also install a trac-loc, I'd say 15/100ths easy...maybe 2/10ths with a little bit of luck.

It also depends on what gears you had before. Mark VIII LSC owners who bought 3.73's didnt hardly notice a diff in the seat-of-the-pants, but on paper, they shaved about 2/10ths...but thats because they had 3.27's before, and a swap from that to 3.73's is barely noticeable.

if you had a 3.07/3.08 gear set before, you could see 3/10ths with great traction.

Enjoy the new shift points!
If his car is not a CA car, he has the 3.08 gearing. The CA cars came with 3.27:1 stock, but all others (Thunderbirds at least came with 3.08:1.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts