TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need for speed underground...actually I played the demo, and it SUCKS!! Maybe it's just becuase I'm not a ricer, but damn, EA should just kill this series off....it hasnt been good for about three games now and it's getting old at this point...but i have to say, it's an accurate representation...the cars are not fast! Oh, and the "speacial features" of this game...are very, very "special" ugly paint jobs, ugly body kits, stickercharging, naaaawwwwwwsssssss.....yes, it sucks.

EArl

·
Registered
345 Posts
I was gonna check that out too...well thanks for the heads up...I had a feeling that it was gonna be all about ricers seeing as they put one on the cover. I need a good racing game to keep me busy until gt4 comes out...I have been playin 3 for the past couple of weeks..jus messing with cars that i havn't used yet. Anyone kno of any good racing games that would be worth checking out?

Jason

·
Johnny Five is Alive, TCCoAAC Member
1,614 Posts
my next game purchase:

<font color=red>
DOOM III</font>

whenever it comes available.....

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
i was thinkin about trying out the new need for speed. i guess i wont now. thanks for the heads up. I just picked up socom 2 and i've been hooked on the online multiplayer since i got it. my next video game purchase is gonna be true crime: streets of LA. that looks pretty sweet. it reminds me of GTA.

Frank

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not trying to discourage anyone from trying the game....just a warning that IMO it sucks...No car damage either

·
Registered
817 Posts
i dont know i thought it looks like a badass game IMO. i downloaded the demo and i have it on my computer with the graphics turned way down and its still pretty nice. its not like the other ones, its more focused to my generation of tuners who want a game like midnight club and cars they can customize. im bonna buy it for xbox when it comes out. its alot like midnight club. buncha imports driving in the city, and the graphics looked pretty good on my crappy comp, so theyll be next to perfect on a xbox. im also looking forward to the fast and furious game, also targeted to my age group. thats another midnight club look alike. the drag mode is hella realistic in n4sU in how it makes you "feel" like youre driving fast. the camera shakes and things slow down just a bit. i also like how they are representing nos in this game. its not like midnight club where you hit nos and you go from 90 to 150mph in 2 seconds. nos in n4sU just makes you a little faster. i think itll be a really big hit. so now i gotta spend like 300 bucks this next few months on upcoming games, theres need for speed underground, i gotta get vice city and gta3 for xbox, and halo 2 comes out early next year(april) and judging on the in game demo :eek: its gonna be crazy.

·
Anything But Typical
1,337 Posts
I agree that the later Need for Speed games have definetly been lacking. I saw a commercial for Underground a few days ago, and that was enough to turn me off of the game.

--Molly

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I played a full, preproduction version of Need for Speed Underground. If you don't like the cars, you don't like the cars, but I thought the gameplay itself was pretty good. Yes, watching the warp speed effects whenever you hit the nitrous is kind of rediculous, but I thought it was fun to play. The demo doesn't do the game justice, gameplay is actually pretty similar to earlier NFS games, but with sport compact stuff instead of exotics. Look past the cars and you'll have fun with it.

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
I dunno... NFS looked like it was going to be a hard-core SIM when the series first came out so many years ago, but as technology advanced the physics never really got to a point where it's a true sim.

One of my favorites is NFS Motor City Online... that is, before everyone on it became total jackasses and started cheating and being completely anal about every minor detail......... :rolleyes:

I did enjoy Hot Pursuit 2, but it doesn't have very good replay value.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
IMO the series stopped being good when porche unleashed came out....NFS 4 was excellent, as where it's predecessors....but the original came out damn near ten years ago (I think it was 94--early 95 at the latest) everything got all corporate....another one lost to the sucking.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
porche unleashed had potential, and it was kinda fun, but wiht a lack of hot pursuit (their cops in that game where just annoying) and a lack of decent car damage, it kinda sucked, plus the game was hell to modify...and that's what I liked about HP & HS...mods mods mods!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts