TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was flippin' through some channels tonight and came across a new video (at least new to me)... I was suprised to see Johnny Cash in a new production. All I really know about him is that my father used to admire him when he was young... Although my father's tastes and mine don't always coincide, I was completely surprised to hear him start to sing "Hurt" by Trent Reznor (NIN)!!!

The video touched me in way no video has. The only one to come close was "One."

Johnny Cash is now the man in my books. A completely awesome gesture.

PJ

·
Registered
658 Posts
Cash singing NIN?!

That sounds really cool. I autta see if I can find that on kazaa or something.

danman

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, danman, what is that creature in your avatar from?

Apparently J. Cash has been doing this sort of thing for a while now. He has four albums out which are mostly covers... Including "Rusty Cage" by Soundgarden... ! I'm gonna have to check these out.

PJ

·
Registered
658 Posts
PJ-4.2L said:
Hey, danman, what is that creature in your avatar from?

Apparently J. Cash has been doing this sort of thing for a while now. He has four albums out which are mostly covers... Including "Rusty Cage" by Soundgarden... ! I'm gonna have to check these out.

PJ
Johnny Cash rules!!!!!!
You just don't expect a guy that you saw on VH1's storytellers to be covering songs by NIN and Soundgarden. I must do some kazaa searching when I get home.

The creature:
It is the masturbation monster. You know......the one that kills little kittens.(someone find that pic that says God kills a kitten every time you masturbate).

danman

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
danman said:
The creature:
It is the masturbation monster. You know......the one that kills little kittens.(someone find that pic that says God kills a kitten every time you masturbate).
Close enough... From the 3AM thread...
http://drew.corrupt.net/domo.html

·
Registered
658 Posts
I was wrong.....According to that pic....He is a Domo-Kun.

danman

·
Registered
709 Posts
yeah

I saw that video about 3 weeks ago... It's cool... but depressing!

Jake

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
Hell yeah, Johnny Cash has always been the man as far as I'm concerned... He was getting obliterated and trashing hotel rooms long before a lot of people... he pratically set the style! :)

I have yet to see this video however.. I knew he had new stuff floating around, but Trent Reznor? THis I have to check out.

-Jes

·
Registered
209 Posts
I was in LA last week and heard that Johnny Cash cover of NIN on KROQ. I was driving down the road listening to it and thought who the f is that? It was excellent. Then at the end they said it was JC and I realized that only Johnny could've pulled it off as masterfully as he did. Johnny Cash is the man.
GUN

·
Johnny Five is Alive, TCCoAAC Member
1,614 Posts
hmm.. i got a custom signed autographed picture of Johnny Cash, hehe.. it maybe worth some $$ now ;o)

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
Haven't heard this stuff at all, sounds really crazy. Please tell me it's not all hardcore rock with Johnny Cash singing... I like the guy and all, I even got passed by his tour bus once!:D Then there got to be some road construction, and it was pretty hot out (for MN) and we all had to stop. His wife got off the bus and gave the flagger a can of pop, I thought that was pretty cool. My favorite song of his has to be the Folsom Prison Blues, man that guy was a real outlaw. Now he's more interested in bible thumping though.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Not at all bro, it's Johnny doing music HIS way. Not gospel, not rock, not anything but JC interpreting music in his own style. It's excellent.
GUN

1 - 14 of 14 Posts