TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have my '95 LX 4.6 up for sale. The main reason is a lack of power. While waiting for it to sell, I was wondering about the viability of adding a TURBOCHARGER to this vehicle. I know a few of the members have done this with varying results and in different ways. I am not looking for massive power or huge boost. If someone could direct me in a few directions as to how to undertake this (work will be done by someone else), it would be greatly appreciated. I dont want the TURBO in the trunk, so that option is out. Can one be fabbed to fit under the hood?
Any help would be kewl.
Oh, and BTW, I do know where the search button is.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
how much are you looking to spend because with money yes one or two can be fabbed up under the hood.

·
Registered
792 Posts
how can it be fabbed up under the hood??? i thought that was inpossible,or is that a enough money you can do anything.... thing agian

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
If im not mistaken you could relocate the battery to the trunk and slide one in there or you could also move the radiator forward and put one or two there. The problem with that is the extra heat right next to the rad.

Zero

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Where did Sir Will put his?

And the extra heat from the rad would be irrelavant with the incomming air from the front I would think.Search for TXcat.He just TT'ed his PI car.

EDIT:http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=96774

·
Registered
532 Posts
I currently have my '95 LX 4.6 up for sale. The main reason is a lack of power. While waiting for it to sell, I was wondering about the viability of adding a TURBOCHARGER to this vehicle. I know a few of the members have done this with varying results and in different ways. I am not looking for massive power or huge boost. .
What car are you gonna get ? Why modifi the car if your gonna sell it ? If you don't want the car , sell it and let some one who wants it have it . Looking at a car you don't want will just eat you up and there is faster stock cars out there you can get into .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts