TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hollowed out the third cat tonight, what a pain in the a$$. juist wondering if anyone else has been in the same boat. notice a difference, or any problems.:confused:

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
Why bother hollowing it out? Just saw the thing off. Don't hollow cats make it sound bad...dunno just figured with the open space in there now that they would be more like a cheap resonator.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if i were to saw it off i would have to reweld on a new y section, just figured the car was choked up enough with two. got done and fired it up and it sounds great, it might sound a little more throaty, but that was the plan.:)

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
Ah, ok I see. I just cut my entire exhaust off about a foot behind the rear 02 sensors. Maybe I'll add pipes later. :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
:( Make sure that it is completely empty. I had "gutted" mine earlier this year, but when I got a new Magnaflow resonator put on, the guy noticed I had a blockage way back in the back of the cat. He had to cut it off and use a crowbar to break it out and a hook thing to pull out some remaining metal mesh left in there.
I noticed an ugly droning and hollow sound afterwards. It also started popping a lot more!:rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts