TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I live in Ohio and the weather is always changing it's mind... I waxed the car the other day when it was 60 out. Today it was 30 and snowy. More salt on the ground. Since there is a brand new coat of wax on the car, should I let it go a little longer before washing it since it's "protected?"

·
Registered
653 Posts
Unless you got some kind of underbody protectant applied, I'd say no. The Bigfoot gas station we have around here has a hands-free car wash with optional underbody wash/protectant. I get that whenever I can, but my exhaust is pretty rusty anyway. Of course, no telling how well the first 2 owners took care of it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I would wash that as soon as the roads are clear.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Drive XR7 said:
I waxed the car the other day ...... More salt on the ground....... Since there is a brand new coat of wax on the car, should I let it go a little longer before washing it since it's "protected?"
Remember ....... the ONLY part of the car that is "protected" is where the wax touched! Now, did anyplace OTHER than that get hit by the salt? Visit the quarter-wash and spray them rocker panels!!! Good Luck!! ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts